Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,417

2 members and 3,415 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97

Thread: My Cinny Has RI

Thanks

My Cinny Has RI

well a while back i had a problem with one of my snake rack and the heat tape was not as warm as have put in the thermostat it was a few degrees lower and thanks to this a couple of my snake got RI most had it very slightly and within a week or 2 it went away during all this time they ate and drank fine but the one that got affected the most were my 700 grams cinny girl and me 200 gram female pastel you can clearly hear the weazing and my pastel had her mouth open and bubbles in her nose well i had no money at the time and could not take them to the vet so i up the temp a bit and as today my pastel is completly cured i beleive i dont hear nothing no open mouth eat like a pig and drinks water just fine but for some reason my cinny i can still hear a noise so i know she still has it but she still eats fine and drinks ok and every day i check on her she looks a bit better the wheezing goes lower bit by bit so should i take her to the vet which its really hard to find one that works with reptiles where i live or should i give her more time ? hope you guys can help thanks

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks
    Take her to the vet right away. All that fluid is cutting off her oxygen, and she could end up drowning like people with pneumonia.

Here's what Brian at BHB does:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJCnP...layer_embedded

(upper RI discussion starts at 2:49, and apparently they've attached the Conan trailer to the front as an ad.)

Thanks
    i just got rid of RI in my burm i took her to the vet and they gave me baytril i had to stick a syringe down her throat all the way in almost to make sure she actually swallowed it but did that once a day and lowered humidity and raised temperature a few degrees it came back once but deffinately vet
    1.0 black pastel dh ghost clown 'Ezio'
    1.0 "dinker" 'Coco'
    1.0 pastel lesser het clown 'Link'
    1.0 enchi het albino 'Master Chief'
    1.0 sable het hypo 'Sephiroth'
    1.0 bumblebee het hypo 'Leon'
    0.1 lesser het ghost 'Zelda'
    0.1 Mojave 'Tifa Lockhart'
    0.1 normal dh ghost clown 'Sophia'
    0.2 normal 'Baby' & 'Yuna'

Thanks

Re: My Cinny Has RI

yeah ill see if i can take her to one this week the only thing is that there is a vet that works with reptiles where i live but ill see if i can find one. any way o tought she was getting better like i just checked and there is no mucus or anything in her mouth but ill see if i can take her better safe than sorry right!

Thanks

Re: My Cinny Has RI

The problem with RI's is that it is almost impossible to cure them without antibiotics, as snakes have no good way to coughing up fluid. If you can't see any fluid or bubbles in the mouth and nose, I doubt your snake is in any immediate danger, but I would still recommend finding a reptile vet if at all possible.