Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,364

2 members and 3,362 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
    Thanks

Baby BP Still Wheezing--Help

I posted before about this snake. He's a little guy, not even a year old. When I got him, I noticed he was wheezing a little bit, some people said on here that might be a sign of RI. I didn't want to risk anything so I QT'd him for about a month to a month and a half. After the wait, I noticed he wasn't wheezing anymore, so I put him in with the rest of the snakes. He's been in there since mid April. Today, once again, he was wheezing. So I took him out of the room and put him back in QT.

Theres seems to be nothing wrong with him. He drinks, eats, has clear eyes, skin, nostrils, no leakage out of the mouth or vent, he looks completley healthy. He is also not very nice..so could his "wheezing" possibly be him just hissing at me? He is very small and I doubt his hiss would be loud at all.

Thank you.
    Ball Python-Bella
    California Kingsnake-Bob
    Cornsnake-Corny

Thanks
    Its hard to say! Usually when a snake has a RI to the point of wheezing, there will be excess fluid around the mouth and you will also begin to notice slight open mouth breathing. I would just keep an eye on him and make sure you sanitize anything that comes in contact with him so if he is sick, it doesnt get passed on to other snakes in your collection..

Thanks

Re: Baby BP Still Wheezing--Help

I agree with the above. If you're not seeing any excess mucus or slight open mouth breathing, it could definitely be that he's just hissing at you. When my bp was young and pretty small, she would hiss every once and awhile when I went to pick her up because she was scared, and you could hear it... it wasn't loud, but you could hear it. Just to be on the safe side though, I would still sanitize anything that comes in contact with him, but if he's eating/drinking/seems healthy and happy, then he probably is!
    ~ Erin ~

somewhat damaged

0.1 normal ball "Karma"
    1.0 albino ball "Reznor"
    1.0 brazilian rainbow boa "Helix"
    1.1 corns - bloodred "Jambi", creamsicle okeetee "Aurora"
    1.0 striped california king "Nix"
    0.1 yellow tiger crested gecko "Ember"

Thanks
    If it were am RI, he would have bubbles around the nostrils adn it would get worse not go away for a bit they come back. RI will not go away without treatment! If it is eating okay and no bubbles, it may just be hissing! You can take it to a local reptile store and ask them or to a vet but that would cost you money! I would call the store and ask them if they can check it for before going to a vet!