Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,213

0 members and 3,213 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks

Re: What is the best cat

Quote Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
    Amen to both.
    We had 2 cats (my wifes cats) but now we have none. Both passed away from old age. Take a Black Light at night sometime to your kitchen and see where your kitty has been after the litter box. Sorry, no more cats for both of us. We love them, but they are not staying in my house.
    This is poor information.. IF a cat stops using the litter box and starts eliminating elsewhere that means there is a problem. Either 1. The litter box is too dirty, clean it or 2. the animal has a medical problem; most likely urinary crystals/infection/etc, kidney problems or something else. What you should do if your cat starts peeing in places they shouldn't is take them to the vet, not kick them outside. Male cats especially are prone to urinary issues, if you're going to own one (and I own two) you need to know what to look for, not only to save your stuff or your carpet but to keep your cat healthy.

Theres so much bad info floating around on cats; "they need to be declawed or else everything in your house will be distroyed" "they'll pee on your stuff JUST to spite you" "theres never nice cats they all bite/scratch". None of that is true at all.

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cinderbird View Post
    This is poor information.. IF a cat stops using the litter box and starts eliminating elsewhere that means there is a problem. Either 1. The litter box is too dirty, clean it or 2. the animal has a medical problem; most likely urinary crystals/infection/etc, kidney problems or something else. What you should do if your cat starts peeing in places they shouldn't is take them to the vet, not kick them outside. Male cats especially are prone to urinary issues, if you're going to own one (and I own two) you need to know what to look for, not only to save your stuff or your carpet but to keep your cat healthy.
    He did not say his cats were urinating everywhere , but that you could see where they had been after going to their litter box

A black light would help see paw prints as well
    Deborah Stewart

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    He did not say his cats were urinating everywhere , but that you could see where they had been after going to their litter box

A black light would help see paw prints as well
    Ahhh i totally misread that post! sorry about that

Thanks

I love my Bengal!
    -Jordan

Balls
    0.1 Pinstripe.............................1.0 DH Lavender Snow
    0.2 PH Lavender Albino.............0.1 Bumblebee
    0.1 Pastel PH Ghost..................1.0 Pastel Het Ghost
    0.2 PH Ghost (Twins)................1.0 Cinnamon
    0.1 Het TSK Axanthic................1.3 Mojave
    0.1 Het Albino..........................1.0 Albino PH Pied
    1.1 Het Pied.............................1.0 Dinker
    1.2 Normal...............................1.0 Pastel Lesser

Boa
    0.1 Super Salmon Het Sunglow

Check us out at: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Dem...13090085417762

Thanks

I always considered myself a dog person, but we got an Orange Tabby cat a few years ago. He's a pretty cool outdoor country cat with a great personality and with seemingly more than the traditional 9 lives.

The only thing I have a hard time getting used to are his "trophies" he leaves for us. He usually takes down gophers, moles and the occasional rat or mouse, but this morning he left a half-eaten rabbit which looked about half of his size.

And yes, we feed him well on regular cat food, but he likes to eat his prey as well.

-Lawrence

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

I think it totally depends on what you are looking for, personality-wise. Bengals are extremely playful, independent, smart and have silky, gorgeous coats. They're a little on the nutty side for me sometimes and can get into trouble. I had to take in one of my brother's cats when one of his bengals (all cats are neutered/spayed) decided that she was prey instead of a playmate. She was extremely skinny and fearful when I took her, but has come around wonderfully. Also, I've only seen one bengal that was a good vet patient. As much as I like them, I hate working with them.

I think Egyptian Maus are overlooked. They look pretty wild, but are a little calmer. They're hard to find though. Abyssinians would maybe fit well also, but they can be a little nutty too, and aren't really snuggly. Japanese Bobtails have great personalities and shouldn't be too hairy. I haven't seen much shedding with Cornish Rexes, but all the Devon Rexes I've seen shed a lot.

Right now I have the girl (DMH - nothing special), an old Siamese cross and a Maine Coon. I love my big, goofy, clutzy Maine Coon, and he's nine now and still acts like a kitten. He has way too much hair for you though. My personal preference is not for the dainty little cats.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123