Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,197

0 members and 3,197 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
    House Snakes Addict... Aes_Sidhe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,065 Times in 848 Posts

Shold I start worry or still have time for that???

Ok my yesterday post disappeared due to site error so Today we go again

This is a deal. My female Orange Granite don't touch food since i bought her on January 23rd When I was buing her She was 1078g... now Today She is 983g is a 95 g loss by 3 months... She is in 32q RBI rack.. large RBI hide... her temp and humidity are on spot. She shed for me 1.5 week ago and Shed was perfect.

I offer her last night small live rat after leave her for a month alone... i give her a time (over an hour with supervision of course) and she don't take it.

She is CH O7 from a breeder so not too much handling (and i don't handle my animals too often as well) so she is little shy and skittish sometimes...

I switched today her large hide to 2 mediums and gonna give her 2 more week of holly peace and try again with weaned rat this time...

Other than that what else i can do??

Maybe I'm paranoid but she start looks little bit skinny in my eyes...

Thanks in Advance for any word of advice...
    Last edited by Aes_Sidhe; 04-28-2011 at 03:03 PM.

CLICK HERE to LIKE The RLReptiles on FACEBOOK

Rafal Lisinski

1.0 Striped African House Snake "Marduk"
    0.1 Striped African House Snake Ishtar
    1.0 black phase Brown House Snake Seth
    0.1 black phase Brown House Snake Nephthys

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,689 Times in 1,200 Posts
    The weight loss could of been a poop while back or pee as well. You can try pre killing a rat and leaving it over nihgt by her hide and see if that gets her to eat.

As long as body still looks fine and not triangular your fine.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RichsBallPythons For This Useful Post:

Aes_Sidhe (04-28-2011)

Thanks

Re: Shold I start worry or still have time for that???

Yeah, it's not a lot of weight. If your temps are fine, she is probably just in winter mode still. I would drop a big mouse in there for her next time. Sometimes they can help bring a ball python out of that winter fast. I would only do it once though. They try a small rat two weeks later. You don't want her only wanting mice.

Just keep an eye on that weight. She should jump back in soon. Good luck!
    "Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them." ~William Shakespeare

1.1 Normals - Apollo & Medusa
    1.0 Pastel - Zeke
    0.1 Pastel het OG - Dixie
    0.1 Pastel het Axanthic
    0.1 Spider het Axanthic
    1.1 Mojave - Clyde & Bonnie
    1.0 Black Pastel - Conan
    0.1 Spider - Dizzy

5. The Following User Says Thank You to stratus_020202 For This Useful Post:

Aes_Sidhe (04-28-2011)

House Snakes Addict... Aes_Sidhe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,065 Times in 848 Posts
    Ok Update.... Today I was accidentally walk in to Petland across my work place and ask them for Rats...
    Surprisingly (they never have size i want) they actually had two litters of pups and mother with 2 fellows what just pass weaned phase and start small rat phase...
    My feeding day should be tomorrow but i decided to buy one of this 2 fellows and try on my stubborn female...
    Came back home remove cold size unoccupied hide and water bowl and put with slightly open tub rat still in carton box inside... Browsing BP.net in corner of my eye i saw movement in tube... She sitting with S neck and watching box ...

Ok I told to myself is a good sign so very delicate open tub slightly more... grab box open it grab a rat put in the tub and closed it... All this secrecy is necessary she is skittish one...
    Few minutes passed and nothing...
    I've took a look inside and.... of course bastardo rat sitting somewhere in corner of the tub and Frigga barricade herself in hide...
    I've closed tube again and check the time: was 8.00 pm and told to myself: Hmm that Rat is small (54g actually) i give her little bit more time...

9.22 i heard squeak in her tub.. so i started pray "Please this dont be defensive strike please eat that nice sweet ratty i chose for ya"... 5 minutes later i check very careful on her and she was coiled around a rat

Just Now I checked one more time and....... RAT IS GONE SHE EAT IT !!!!
    I'm so relieved.. her weight last week was 960g... I hope that meal will trigger right feeding response now... but for few next feeding I'll try stay with similar size prey...

CLICK HERE to LIKE The RLReptiles on FACEBOOK

Rafal Lisinski

1.0 Striped African House Snake "Marduk"
    0.1 Striped African House Snake Ishtar
    1.0 black phase Brown House Snake Seth
    0.1 black phase Brown House Snake Nephthys

Thanks
    She should eat for you from now on! I would wait 2 weeks before giving her her next one. After that you can go weekly. I would go slow because you don't want to scare her off feed again! Good luck!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to seeya205 For This Useful Post:

Aes_Sidhe (05-18-2011)