Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,301

1 members and 3,300 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,288 Times in 1,090 Posts

Do any of your BPs do this?

One of my spotnoses has a lot of, for lack of a better word, spunk. I knew from the moment I opened the bag he arrived in that he was going to be the one that tries to bite me and he does. At first it was a little shocking, but now it's just kind of funny. I have clear tubs and I check on them several times a day by just looking in on them. Well, Clyde really doesn't seem to like me, if he's not in one of his hides when I check in on him he will slow creep close enough to be "within" striking range and then try to snap at me from inside the tub. I wish I knew what goes through his mind when he hits the plastic tub and not flesh. I am kind of worried he's going to hurt his teeth if keeps doing it though.
    Rebecca
    facebook ~ google+
    www.rawreptiles.com ~ RAW Reptiles on Facebook
    Snakes
    Ball Pythons ~ Hypo Jungle Boas ~ Bredlis ~ Carpet Pythons
    Lizards
    Crested Geckos ~ Chahouas ~ Bearded Dragon
    Furry Friends
    1.0 Black Lab (Orion)

Thanks

Re: Do any of your BPs do this?

My male doen't snap at the us, but he does circle his cage and hisses at my husband about once a week... for a few hours at a time. Not sure what he is thinking.

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks
    Yeah, my first BP did that. Mr. Nibbles. He would guard things. Mostly warm spots and favorite hidey-holes. This included the hutch of my desk and the warm spot at the back of my laptop. And when he was in a *good* mood he would crawl around on the couch and stalk my toes. Like a kitten? With a similarly predictable ending.

But he's grown out of it. Pretty much as soon as the hormones turned on! I guess chomping at everything that moves isn't the best way to win over the girls? He spent his 2nd winter hugging his favorite cardboard tube, because I didn't have any girls that were ready for him. And he didn't eat for 5 months.

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sama View Post
    My male doen't snap at the us, but he does circle his cage and hisses at my husband about once a week... for a few hours at a time. Not sure what he is thinking.
    Hissers are hysterical!

Registered User Amon Ra Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well if he's young then it's pretty normal. We have a mojo that is just pissy all the time. He will bite given the chance . Once you get him picked up he's cool . But it's cage aggression lol. It's just funny cuz he's so small.

Thanks
    I have a newly acquired cinnamon that hisses whenever I take him out of his enclosure, he almost got me once but I said noooo it's not goin to happen..not today LOL I dunno if it's just me but I kinda like pissy BPs it gives them character.

Thanks

lol...my first (and only) 3 bites were from the same baby bp I had-it is funny when they are little and fiesty like that..heh

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    We have a female that's way pissy. She'll bite you if you let her. We still haven't been bit by her, but that's cause we're just expecting it. I'm sure she'll get one of us when she lays in the next week or so. Hope it's not me...it's funny, though.
    Lots of BPs, and still not enough!

https://www.facebook.com/selectmorphs

This is addictive...what did I get myself into?...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,348 Times in 1,016 Posts
    My cinnamon is the only one full of piss and vinegar. Something isn't right if she isn't striking at me repeatedly while I switch paper, fill water, or attempt to feed her. She has the cinnamon attitude I've heard about... LOL. She's also my smallest snake so I'm wondering if that's coincidence or trend. We'll see as she grows.

Regards,

B
    Last edited by Simple Man; 04-25-2011 at 07:51 PM.

Thanks
    My cinny girl was like that for a long time as well. She got to 1000g and chilled way out. Now she's a dream girl. I remember telling my boyfriend when we first get her "Ya it'll be fun to un wrap this one from around a nice fat clutch of eggs.". Now I'm not worried about it in the least. I guess well see about that next year. Lol. Anyways most grow out of it, I'm sure he'll settle down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast