Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,166

2 members and 3,164 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

Few Questions on my new BP setup

Ok so I'm done moving and I have my new BP tank(s) setup nicely I think. They were previously in small plastic sterilite tubs which were becoming too small for them (they grew fast!!)

Thanks
    Sorry my time for editing ran out so here is the rest of the message lol!!!

So over the last few months I had been setting up this 75 gallon tank that I have split in half for each of my BP's. I have a Flexwatt UTH on both sides and have set the tank up and let it go for about 3 weeks before I put them in.

Each side is almost identical (except for hides). Hot side runs 88-92 (colder temps at night and warmer temps during the day) and the cold side is about 77-82 ish. I have probes for both sides to make sure the temps stay consistent and at a safe temp. Hides on both cool side and hot side, a few non sharp edged rocks (for looks and rubbing on for shedding), some vines for cover, one has a branch and the other has a half log hide. Humidity was an issue but I threw a piece of window plastic over the top (the window insulting stuff) and the ends are open. I also have a dark maroon curtain over the plastic part to keep it somewhat dark and covered like as if they were in a hole. The humidity thing I fixed by grabbing some deep plastic plant pot trays and putting sphagnum moss in them and wetting them down and just keeping them in the back corners of the cold side. Their water dishes are in the front warmer side to keep humidity up as well. That runs about 50-55% ish if it gets lower than 45 I just rinse and re-wet the moss down and it goes back up. During shedding I'm going to lightly mist the tanks. And since I live in a drier area I usually put them in lukewarm bathes (temp about 82ish per the temp gun) for about 10 minutes and they have been shedding perfectly. All in one long shed not pieces.

So so far that is what I have does it sound ok? Any other tips to keep them happy? I haven't seen any signs of stress from either so far and they've been in their new homes for about 3 weeks. They've eaten on their normal schedules just fine, poo'd and pee'd like normal. I'll try to get some pics up when I get my new camera installed.

Thanks!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,800 Times in 1,267 Posts

Re: Few Questions on my new BP setup

They aren't showing any signs of stress. They are eating and shedding with no issues. It sounds like you have a set-up and routine that is working. Are you using a thermostat or dimmer to control the Flexwatt?
    "Cry, Havoc! And let slip the dogs of war..."

Thanks

Re: Few Questions on my new BP setup

Yep have the flexwatts hooked up to a thermostat, our temp has been fluctuating quite a bit lately and I've had to adjust it sometimes for them.