Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,378

5 members and 3,373 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

Thread: RIP Baile :(

Thanks

RIP Baile :(

I posted a bit ago about my friend who went and bought balls after we got ours. He had been having issues with one of them and wasn't listening to my advice ... finally I got through to him. He separated them into their own enclosures, got gauges. Then when I told him gauges aren't accurate he went and got digital. Got the heat rocks out of there and got UTHs and thermostats for both of them. We went to petsmart to get proper sized hides and he was going to get more so there could be one at each end.

I was really happy and sure that both of his balls would be fine. Everything was spot on and the smaller one that wasn't eating started eating!!

Then ... the big one, Baile, died. He had been eating but not as enthusiastically as the smaller one, Kaa. There was no signs of anything until late Sunday/early Monday. He pooped a ton of runny poo. Without me prompting he made a vet appointment for as soon as they could get him in .. today. I got a frantic call from my friend yesterday saying that Kaa ate again (yay!) and Baile had started ... flipping out. Like rolling around and hitting the glass. I quickly got my son dressed and went over there. By the time I got over there Baile was gone

He was laying there on his side, not moving or breathing. Totally limp. His stomach area seemed a bit swollen but nothing major.
    He called the vet and asked if he could bring Kaa in just to be checked out and they said they'd have to do it in a different appointment 'cause it was a different snake O-o so he made a new appointment for her.

Does anyone know what could have killed him?
    1.0.0 Husband
    1.0.0 Offspring
    0.2.0 Felines
    0.0.3 Ball Pythons
    Many many breeder and feeder mice!

Thanks
    If it isn't too late, your friend might want to try and get into the vet for a necropsy to pinpoint, if possible, the exact cause of death.
    1.1.0 Normal BP's, Gene and <No Name Yet>
    .1 Red Tail Boa - Ruby
    .1 Creamsicle corn snake - Gobble

My snakey blog! Please read and comment, I value the opinions of the reptile community!

http://snakeystory.tumblr.com/

Thanks
    Thanked 2,011 Times in 1,840 Posts
    Sory to hear one of your friends ball pythons have passed As for what may have killed it, there could be numerous possibilites and a response would just be a shot in the dark. You could take it to the vet and have tests run on it if you were really interested in trying to find out the exact cause of death.
    Jeff Bernard

Thanks

Re: RIP Baile :(

Quote Originally Posted by Quacking-Terror View Post
    If it isn't too late, your friend might want to try and get into the vet for a necropsy to pinpoint, if possible, the exact cause of death.
    I didn't even think of that o-o Shame on me! He died yesterday, and he said he was gonna bury him, so if he did that last night he would have been sitting out the whole time ...
    1.0.0 Husband
    1.0.0 Offspring
    0.2.0 Felines
    0.0.3 Ball Pythons
    Many many breeder and feeder mice!