Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,277

3 members and 3,274 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Amazing

Quote Originally Posted by stratus_020202 View Post
    I think you are a very strong and amazing woman. Don't ever give up hope.

You are one of those people who fall, and get back up swinging. Amazing.
    Thank you so much! Ive worked hard, and had to go through alot to get here, but I wouldn't change anything, as strange as that may seem.
    ~Jamie~

1.0 Fiance Bob<3
    0.1 Normal BP "Sandy"
    1.0 Crested Gecko "Dante"

Facebook ( Just let me know your from here )

Comanche Club

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JamieH For This Useful Post:

stratus_020202 (04-21-2011)

Thanks

Re: My sad ( and rather long) story.

Quote Originally Posted by JamieH View Post
    wow, very impressive
    I love learning also, which is why not being in school is KILLING me haha
    Ive been learning all about herps on my own to lessen the sting a bit, since Im home all day and working all night.
    Thanks. Same here. When I am not in school, or have a ton of course material to read, I often have my head stuck in a book. I just finished Wuthering Heights, and just started in Pride and Prejudice.
    Eddie Strong, Jr.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wh00h0069 View Post
    Thanks. Same here. When I am not in school, or have a ton of course material to read, I often have my head stuck in a book. I just finished Wuthering Heights, and just started in Pride and Prejudice.
    hmm, ive never heard of Wuthering Heights whats it about?, and I would love to read in pride and prejudice. Im just having a hard time finding time haha.
    ~Jamie~

1.0 Fiance Bob<3
    0.1 Normal BP "Sandy"
    1.0 Crested Gecko "Dante"

Facebook ( Just let me know your from here )

Comanche Club

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JamieH View Post
    hmm, ive never heard of Wuthering Heights whats it about?, and I would love to read in pride and prejudice. Im just having a hard time finding time haha.
    I hear ya. It is hard for me to find time too.

Wuthering Heights is one of the most loved and hated books of all times. It was written by Emily Bronte in 1847. Some critics back then said that she should have committed suicide before ever finishing the book. However, it is accepted now, since we live in a different society than they did back then. It is a very miserable love story, pretty much. A woman marries a man because he is rich and can support her, although she is actually in love with another man. She beleives that the mans money will also support the man she loves, Heathcliff. She doesn't take his feelings about this into account, though. The other man pretty much goes mad, and lives the rest of his life trying to make everyone else around him miserable, and he mostly succeeds. It sounds horrible, but it is really a great book. Not every love story is supposed to be happy, or have a happy ending.
    Eddie Strong, Jr.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Kudos to you for keeping your head up.
    I too have an out of control 40 something year old alcoholic parent. I know that it is really hard to deal with how they live their lives, and the mistakes that they make. And, the fact that you can not do anything to help them, or do anything to make it stop.
    I am 24 years old, and have been put in the position at a much younger age, where I had to be the parent of one of my parents. It sucks. So, while I see your story, and I wish things had gone differently for you, I am glad to see that someone else has had similar life dramas but they are doing ok.
    As much as I hate the stuff my mom does, or the way she treats me, my dad and my brother, it does make me realize how great other things in my life are. It can be hard, but I find as long as I can still do that, things aren't so bad.
    It is definantly a daily struggle to just keep positive, some days worse than others. But, I am now starting a family of my own. Even if my mother can not be included, it will be nice to start fresh and have a new family, where we aren't physically/verbally abusive, and we can have positive interests.
    Thanks,
    EM

7. The Following User Says Thank You to accidental777 For This Useful Post:

JamieH (04-29-2011)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12