Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,245

0 members and 3,245 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Thanks
    You can do it when he is already in his hide. Or be extremely quiet about it. I only have to do my bowls 1x a week. Spraying can be done through the top or slide it just a bit to the side.

Thanks
    i know i should have waited a little longer, but tried again last night. Bought the mouse around 5pm and set him aside and waited until my BP came out of hiding, which was at around 8-9 o clock, dropped the mouse in, at first my BP did show some interest, but after a while just stood there. Eventually the mouse found his way to the top of his cold side hide, and just stood there perfectly still, eventually he found his way to my BP where he would stare at him flick his tongue once and in a while but did nothing. Well i wait about 20 minutes, until finally the mouse got to close to my BP's nose and he threw a DEFENSIVE strike, thats when i know it was over. So i took the mouse out and called it a day. Difference between this one and the last 2 attemps that i noticed was, he wasent freaked out. Before after the defensives strikes and what not, and i would take the mouse out he would go crazy and jet into his hide, this time after the defensive strike, i took the mouse out and he just kept like hanging out, very calmly.

Uhhh, dammit i was really hoping to get him to eat, but i guess i will try again next tuesday.

Obviously im not going to cry and whine and post every week on how he did;t take the mouse, so what i want to know is, when is it time to consider assist feed? Im going to buy a digital kitchen scale and monitor his weight, but is it even possible that the snake will refuse to eat and starve himself to death?!

Thanks

Yes

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS BABY!!!! he ate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'am the RULER OF THE WORLLLDDD!!!!!!!

so happy, he fed!!!

ok im going to admit i cheated a little bit, (it was a ASF fuzzy not weaned yet) but i thru him in there, half hour later (BP was in the cold hide) i moved the fuzzy to the entrance, got a defensive strike then another strike and coil!!!!!! he just finished swallowing the fuzzy, im SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy!!! what a relief!!!!

I got a guy that has ASF's all day, if thats what i have to feed him then i dont care the extra money, its worth it for the peace of mind that he is eating!!!! Just put some pictures up on my gallery of the greatest moment in HISTORY! haha im just real happy...

Thanks

Im so happy for you guys!
    2.0 Normal ball pythons, Java and Nyoka
    0.0.1 Boa Constrictor Imperator, Hexadecimal
    0.0.1 Snow Corn, Yumi
    0.2 Mutt cats, Dizzy and Sumomo
    1.0 Shiba Inu, Hokkaido

Snake yawns are the cutest thing EVER

Thanks
    i havent been this happy for a longggggg time!!!! THIS is the reason why i decided to buy another pet/BP after so many years, YESSSSSS!!! IM AM THE MAN!!!!

man i was sleepy, its 1:16am i was getting ready to knock out and go to sleep, i have to work tommorrow, im so damn happy i cant fall asleep now! Hes roaming around like he wants more too, better believe next friday i will buying another ASF, maybe after a couple of feedings with ASF i will try and switch him to regular petland mice, but if not, i dont care spending the extra cash ill breed ASF if i have to! Im just happy to have a happy, eating BP!

Thank you all for your advice, and yes patience was the key, i never gave up.....

Thanks
    Congratulations!!! That's what up!

Thanks
    yes now, let see if next week hell take a regular mice, if not, i have no problem getting more ASF's, even if i have to travel farther and spend more money, its worth it, and im just glad hes eating.

Hes been in his hot side hide all day, the one with the UTH, digesting his lovely meal from yesterday, i got the UTH via dimmer at about 92 degrees says my PE2.

Im gonna feed him atleast 2 more times before i start to handle him again, i hope that "defensive" attitude hes has with me lately will be gone by then....

SPAMTASTICO!
    Thanks
    i havent been this happy for a longggggg time!!!! THIS is the reason why i decided to buy another pet/BP after so many years, YESSSSSS!!! IM AM THE MAN!!!!
    Outlook 2010
    Microsoft Office Professional 2007
    Microsoft Access 2010
    Last edited by johnsonkid; 05-17-2011 at 03:49 AM.

Thanks
    does everyone feed their snake in another enclosure? i feed all of my adults in their own enclosures except the babies but have no problem with aggressiveness nor picky eating from stress
    1.0 black pastel dh ghost clown 'Ezio'
    1.0 "dinker" 'Coco'
    1.0 pastel lesser het clown 'Link'
    1.0 enchi het albino 'Master Chief'
    1.0 sable het hypo 'Sephiroth'
    1.0 bumblebee het hypo 'Leon'
    0.1 lesser het ghost 'Zelda'
    0.1 Mojave 'Tifa Lockhart'
    0.1 normal dh ghost clown 'Sophia'
    0.2 normal 'Baby' & 'Yuna'

Thanks
    I don't feed any one of mine in separate enclosures. And I actually don't recommend it to anyone buying a baby from me or anyone asking advice.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast