Quote Originally Posted by ScottNBecky View Post
I think you would be ok with liquid nails the tensile strength is 900psi edge and 1400psi lap. So I highly doubt any reptile regardless of size is going to break that. Now that being said I have no idea what the cost of super glue is in a large tube similar to a caulking gun size so if it's fairly inexpensive then it is stronger with a 4000psi lap strength. So if it's cheap then I see no issue with using it. But as far as liquid nails being crap the business that recommended it uses it in outdoor billboard applications and it is intended to withstand all weather conditions so I'm guessing it's far ahead of what we néed out of it. But that's jus my .02. Personally unless the customer wants it I doubt that I will use any adhesive as screws seem to work really well and it allows for disassembly. Again JMO. Anyway the rack turned out nice man it looks good.

@ mdfreak2 : where are you buying your melamine? Home depot here has it for 35.00 a sheet. If you're paying close to 85.00 then you really should keep shopping.
I used 6 small tubes of Super Glue. It is chemically bonding the plastic, not using adhesive strength. The plastic for all intense purposes is now one single piece. That's why I wouldn't use any of that caulking stuff. Too much work, too messy, and inferior to a chemical weld. The rack I built was not designed to be dissassembled. It is small and light enough that one person can move it. It also fits through any door without a problem. I would not trust rescrewing into the plastic. I don't think that's a great idea and would not recommend it after working with the XPVC. Just my $.02...Thanks everyone!

Regards,

B