Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,221

3 members and 3,218 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: escapee

Thanks

escapee

well i got woke up this morning by my mom asking me if my sister took her snake with her last night and i said idk so i call her and she said no so guess who is here trying to find a 3 foot long bp i am where is my sister m.i.a screaming she dont have a way home. gosh she pis*** me off if your going to own a snake make sure it cant get out and if it does then atleast come home and help find it b4 your dad gets home because if he finds it i have to get rid of all my snakes plus hers. would any1 be able to share some good hiding spots for him i have distroyed her room trying to find him and no luck yet.

Thanks

Re: escapee

well ive had the best luck finding snakes in corners... if this is a bed room im sure theres something in a corner for it to hide under or inside of.... you have to remember that these guys can get into things that look impossible for it to fit in.

also anything that generates heat in the room will attract the snake.
    ive had only 2 escapees and both of them never even left the room that they were in.
    keep me posted on if you find it and where.

goodluck,
    Mike H.
    Last edited by Mrgbb; 04-20-2011 at 09:43 AM.
    Words have no power to
    impress the mind without the
    exquisite horror of there reality.

- Edgar Allen Poe.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrgbb For This Useful Post:

mdfreak2 (04-20-2011)

Thanks

I found my escapee in a dresser drawer both times. The first he was actually in the drawer, the second he had crawled behind the draw. So be careful when you are pulling dresser drawers out.

Good luck! I hope it works out.
    "Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them." ~William Shakespeare

1.1 Normals - Apollo & Medusa
    1.0 Pastel - Zeke
    0.1 Pastel het OG - Dixie
    0.1 Pastel het Axanthic
    0.1 Spider het Axanthic
    1.1 Mojave - Clyde & Bonnie
    1.0 Black Pastel - Conan
    0.1 Spider - Dizzy

5. The Following User Says Thank You to stratus_020202 For This Useful Post:

mdfreak2 (04-20-2011)

Thanks

thanks yall im still looking by myself while she is off doing her thing

Thanks
    I had one BP escape twice. The first time he was a few feet away curled up near a heat source. The 2nd time he was 3 rooms away so don't get discouraged and just look EVERYWHERE. Use a flashlight when looking too, it'll help. Good luck.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to hongkongluna For This Useful Post:

mdfreak2 (04-20-2011)

Thanks

well i have pulled out all of her dressers and computer stand and emptied her closet and still have not found him. if it got into my moms room the dogs would have let me know as i let all the dogs smell them when i get all mine out and they sniff and walk away. so i dont think he made it into my moms room so i have 3 other rooms to look in and distroy then clean back up besides hers of course lol. hopefully he will come crawling out of his hiding spot soon i dont feel like cleaning all this crap back up.

Thanks

Look under clothes, dressers, box springs, if the bedrooms are upstairs then you are lucky. If not, search under the fridge, oven, couches (and cushions), and chairs. Basically a dark warm area. Make a mess and have her clean it up

My boa got out and was on top of the heat vents in my basement.

Thanks

im in a 4 bedroom siglewide trailer and i have completly searched her room so now its off to the kitchen i dont think my moms dog would have let it in my moms room with out waking them up lol and i have somewhat searched in there so i guess its off to the next room this is making me madder the more i do this i have been up since 630 am looking for him and now its going on 1130 and still no sign of him or my sister

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mdfreak2 View Post
    im in a 4 bedroom siglewide trailer and i have completly searched her room so now its off to the kitchen i dont think my moms dog would have let it in my moms room with out waking them up lol and i have somewhat searched in there so i guess its off to the next room this is making me madder the more i do this i have been up since 630 am looking for him and now its going on 1130 and still no sign of him or my sister
    Any open vents? How about bathroom or hallway closets? I feel your pain, it took me a few hours too.

Is it getting warm there yet? I just talked to my mom who lives near you and she said its supposed to get in the 80's.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to rperry03 For This Useful Post:

mdfreak2 (04-20-2011)

Thanks
    Look in place that have any openings even small ones. They get into couches, recliners, vacuums, ovens, fridges, dressers everywhere. Look in your moms room to don't count anything out. At all. Start at the cage go against the wall with a flashlight and slowly start to go around the room, and house. I pull things out of the room and check them one by one and take them out of the room as they are checked. I turn over couches, beds, any other furniture look for any holes or rips in the fabric and go from there. He won't come out till night time now so go slowly and keep a head on your shoulders. I've found every one of my escapees quickly well it takes a couple hours. But better than days. I hope you find him.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Homegrownscales For This Useful Post:

mdfreak2 (04-20-2011)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast