Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,165

2 members and 3,163 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

Help Me With My Rack Please!

I'm getting 4 inch flexwatt to do the heating. But I don't want to order one online. I was wondering if there was a thermostat that can control 5 tubs at once and that is reasonably accurate. I've seen some from zoomed but I don't know if they will work for this.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Bellabob; 04-19-2011 at 11:23 PM.
    Ball Python-Bella
    California Kingsnake-Bob
    Cornsnake-Corny

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    there isnt one that will control each tub individually. Bit you can do a couple things. You can run the wire from heat tape to heat tape and run it off of 1 plug or you can wire each one and plug it in to a power strip thats plugged into a thermostat. Id recommend a herpstat or something like a ranco to control. All will work it just depends on what rout you want to go
    1.1 Het Albino Ball 1.0 Spider
    1.0 Mojave Ball 0.1 Pinstripe
    0.1 Honey Bee 0.2 Normal
    1.0 Caramel 0.1 Mojave het Caramel

Thanks

Re: Help Me With My Rack Please!

Quote Originally Posted by Raverthug View Post
    there isnt one that will control each tub individually. Bit you can do a couple things. You can run the wire from heat tape to heat tape and run it off of 1 plug or you can wire each one and plug it in to a power strip thats plugged into a thermostat. Id recommend a herpstat or something like a ranco to control. All will work it just depends on what rout you want to go
    Will all of them plugged into a power strip, and the power strip plugged into say...a rehostat or something of the like work?
    Ball Python-Bella
    California Kingsnake-Bob
    Cornsnake-Corny

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bellabob View Post
    Will all of them plugged into a power strip, and the power strip plugged into say...a rehostat or something of the like work?
    It's the same concept, but when you're talking about that many tubs, that many animals, I would recommend spending a little bit more to get a thermostat. It's worth the peace of mind knowing that your temps are well regulated and won't be effected as much by fluctuations in room temps.

Thanks

Hey just like they said a thermostat is your best bet with 5 tubs.A rheostat is just a more expensive dimmer switch you find in your home and there not accurate at all especially if the temps change in the room i have a dimmer switch myself but i only have one tub right now and it fluctuates so much sometimes a 10 degree difference up or down, i ALWAYS have to check it like 10 times a day and with a thermostat you just have to pretty much set it and forget it especially if you get a good one.I just did the dimmer for something quick and easy and cheap at first but i am definitely getting a thermostat im probably getting the ve-300 but because you have 5 tubs and assuming there all filled stay away from rheostats as much as you can there just more of a headache than anything else thermostat is the way to go yeah there more expensive but to keep your reptiles save and there less work for yourself.Hope this helped you.
    male pastel-770 grams(sold)
    male spider-789 grams(sold)
    male ghost-904 grams(sold)
    male mojave-592 grams
    male lesser-390 grams
    male yellowbelly-605 grams
    female normal-1943 grams(sold)
    female spider-326 grams
    female bumblebee-588 grams
    female 66% het pied-1436 grams
    female pastel-1504 grams
    female tangerine hypo carrot tail leo
    female mack snow leo
    1.1 cats (buster) and (baby)

Sometimes It Hurts... PitOnTheProwl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 4,274 Posts
    Make sure you cut all the flexwatt to the exact same length or just weave one strip though the rack.
    Either way you want a good thermostat.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,250 Times in 1,511 Posts
    I definitely recommend a Spyder Robitics Herpstat, a Helix, or even the RBI VE, or for the cheaper side a Johnsons or Ranco. I currently use Herpstat and Johnsons personally, love them both, but Herpstat is worth every penny.
    2.0 Offspring, 1.1 Normal Ball Python, 1.0 Pastel Ball Python, 0.1 Albino Ball Python, 0.1 Pinstripe Ball Python, 0.1 Banana Ball Python, 1.0 Pied Ball Python, 1.0 Normal Hognose, 0.1 Veiled Chameleon, 0.0.1 G.pulchra, 0.1 P.metallica, 0.1 M.giganteus

Thanks
    Go with a tstat. I have thermostats on all of my racks. They are worth their weight in gold.