Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,392

1 members and 3,391 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Never been in this situation... Advice please!

So being just a small scale hobbyist I don't deal with hundreds of shippings. On March 16th I received a het Lavender Albino ball that arrived with a URI. Took him to the vets, treated as perscribed, no results. Second vet visit, more money, more aggressive treatments, still no results. I just found him dead. My question is, I have never been in this kind of situation before. All the animals I have received are either healthy or sometimes a snake will have a mild RI from stress that is easily solved. Do I tell the person I bought this snake from? Do I ask for a refund (he wasnt cheap)? What would you personally do here? Thanks. This just sucks big time.

Thanks

Re: Never been in this situation... Advice please!

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiRoyalPythons View Post
    So being just a small scale hobbyist I don't deal with hundreds of shippings. On March 16th I received a het Lavender Albino ball that arrived with a URI. Took him to the vets, treated as perscribed, no results. Second vet visit, more money, more aggressive treatments, still no results. I just found him dead. My question is, I have never been in this kind of situation before. All the animals I have received are either healthy or sometimes a snake will have a mild RI from stress that is easily solved. Do I tell the person I bought this snake from? Do I ask for a refund (he wasnt cheap)? What would you personally do here? Thanks. This just sucks big time.
    did you inform the seller that it had an RI when you recieved it?

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by snakeman13 View Post
    did you inform the seller that it had an RI when you recieved it?
    Yes of course. She said it had no signs of a RI when it left her house.

Thanks
    You might need to look at the policy of the person you bought it from! Did they know the snake arrived sick? And I'm sorry for your loss!
    Last edited by purplemuffin; 04-19-2011 at 11:06 PM.

Reptiles EVERYWHERE! Foschi Exotic Serpents's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,292 Posts
    Honestly, if the seller said the snake had no sign of RI but you did tell them about immediately, there may be something you can do but you won't get a full refund..

You should have arranged a long term plan with the seller immediately. Either ship it back the following week and allow them to cure it, then if it died, you get full refund.. Or, send them copies of the vet diagnosis that same week you received the snake, then all follow up paperwork, with an agreement for compensation.

If you did none of this other than just tell the seller, you are probably out of luck. If diagnosis was not made within mere days and treatment begun, that's even worse because you can't prove the snake arrived sick. The seller can say it had time to get sick with you.

Depending on these circumstances, you may be able to ask for a partial refund or replacement animal. Immediate communication, diagnosis, and treatment, is the key to not getting jipped in these cases.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Foschi Exotic Serpents For This Useful Post:

Annie (04-21-2011)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanks for the advice everyone! Just wanted to give an update -

I contacted the seller and informed her of the snakes passing. She was very nice and issued an immediate refund for the purchase price. She said her funds are a little tight right now but she has eggs in the bator and will let me have a hatchling to compensate for some of the vet bills. It really went 100% better than I ever expected it would, she was extremely cordial and I would not mind working with her again

Thanks
    Glad things went well.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,348 Times in 1,016 Posts
    People are usually cool if you talk to them! Glad it ended well, at least as well as it could with the snake passing.

Regards,

B

Reptiles EVERYWHERE! Foschi Exotic Serpents's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,292 Posts
    That's awesome I'm glad she was so willing to refund you. That's how people keep a good name.

Thanks

im sorry to hear about that. yea most of the true breeders will keep there word and replace them if they do get sick. hope all gets better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast