Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,333

0 members and 3,333 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

Help with New Baby Ball?

I got him on tueaday and I have a corn snake too and I fed the corn friday and he ate right away. I assume thats because he is a corn, but the little ball didn't want his meal. I tried giving him a pre killed rat pup because thats what the pet store gave me with him. He sniffed it and kept looking around. I tried leaving it in his tank over night and nothing. He is very active for a little guy. A lot more active then the two foot Ball I had before. He has been all over his cage climbing up the plants and all over his branches. His temps are good so I take it he just hasn't settled yet? Also probably a dumb move on my part but when I bought him I asked when he ate last and the store said they didn't feed them yet because they had just got them in so should I have NOT bought him?
    Thanks

Reptiles EVERYWHERE! Foschi Exotic Serpents's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,292 Posts
    It will take at least a week for him to settle into his new surroundings. That means no handling, and have his tank in a low traffic area. BPs are shy and easily stressed and nervous. Be sure the temperature and humidity is correct and he has 2 tight fitting hides. Give him time. He will be ok.

Reptiles EVERYWHERE! Foschi Exotic Serpents's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,292 Posts
    Oh and if they had not fed him yet, he may never have had a pre killed or frozen/thawed rodent. Give him a week alone and try again. Be sure the rodent is very warm. Use hot water to thaw and warm it. If he won't eat in a week or 2, get back with us for more tricks to try.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Foschi Exotic Serpents For This Useful Post:

Alexandra V (04-17-2011)

Thanks
    By just got them in does that mean they were captive hatched babies? If so, they may not have shed yet, meaning he won't eat until after that.

Thanks

Re: Help with New Baby Ball?

my baby had no trouble eating but he wanted live. so i got him a live pinky mouse that was to small for him just to stimulate eating, then about 5 mins after gave him a f/t large fuzzy he took right away now he has no prob eating f/t after a couple trys.
    also i recomend seperate tub for feeding so he knows what is going on when its time to feed