Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,228

3 members and 3,225 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

New rescues sad sad pictures be warned

So, last night I got a call from a local woman and she stated that she had a pair of balls living together---face palm. But they were healthy and they were her ex boyfriends who's now in jail for well for whatever reasons. So I went over today to see what the deal was.
    Anyways she wanted to know If I'd take them bc she didnt want them and didn't want anything to do with them. She apparently hasn't fed them in a few months but I'm thinking longer than that. They were together in a wood and screen cage. NO HEAT! I guess the lamp broke. Keep in mind I'm in VT and they had them next to a window and it gets colder than cold here. It's a breeding pair and they were courting as we were speaking. So I took them. And I'm disgusted by their health, cage everything. I left the cage bc I'm not going to be using it and I had asked why they were living together with no heat. She said they're a bonded pair and they cuddle and keep each other warm. FACE PALM!! WTF anyways I didn't like it but i kept my mouth shut and just took them. Ive included some pics be warned they are emaciated. But I want to post their progress bc these two are two of the worst ive ever gotten in. I'm sure I just prevented the certain death of these two gorgeous balls. It's too bad that people could sit and watch them die.

Female I guess last year they hatched out 4 babies that died shortly after. She obviously didn't get any good food after laying bc she looks like she just layed a huge clutch.

Male

Both have a shed or two still on them. The male looks like he may have the beginnings of scale rot. And the female may have an impending Ri.
    Thanks for looking updates to come.

Morgan

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Homegrownscales For This Useful Post:

babyknees (04-29-2011),Jason Bowden (04-22-2011),stratus_020202 (04-15-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,152 Times in 2,887 Posts

Re: New rescues sad sad pictures be warned

What a truly sad situation! I'm so glad that you took these two beauties in under your care. Now they will thrive and be healthy.

Thanks
    Poor babies

Thanks
    Update 1- settled them in w/ high humidity to get them a bit more hydrated. They both started moving around and giving me the hungry look. Put a sml 5 wk old rat in each. Both snapped up within 30sec. HUNGRY HUNGRY!
    Sad that they were being starved.
    I was in such a hurry to get them on heat I forgot to take initial weights. So I'll do that in a couple days. I put the female at no more than 11-1200g and male has to be like 1000. But well see when I weigh them. They're older like 8-10 years old.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,152 Times in 2,887 Posts

So happy that they ate for you! Please keep us updated!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,027 Times in 993 Posts
    That is so sad. I'm so happy its gonna get better for them. Thank goodness for people like you
    1.0 Normal (Rocko)
    1.0 Mojave (Mac)
    1.0 Pastel Ghost (Zeus)
    0.1 Spider (Zarah)
    1.0 Butter (Jagger)
    0.1 Coral Albino Boa (Josslynn)
    1.0 Kenyan Sand Boa (Cee Lo)
    Black Cat Nivea)
    Dachshund (Isabella) (Murphy) (Lilli)
    Mixed Breed (Heidi)

BPnet Veteran HighVoltageRoyals's Avatar
    Thanks
    At least they're in capable hands now! My heart sank when I read this post. Why didn't she try to find homes for them sooner? Going MONTHS willingly not feeding an animal is definitely abuse even if she didn't know about how to properly take care of them; anyone with a lick of common sense knows that animals need to eat. /RAGE
    7.6 Ball Pythons
    1.0 Argentine B&W Tegu

"Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone." -Picasso

Thanks
    Good job on the rescue!

Thanks
    I dont know why they just sat there and let them starve and it's ridiculous that people would. Apparently there was a lot more than just animal abuse going on in the household. The whole situation was just baffling to me I was done with it. She wasn't interested in doing anything with them and I'm sure she wasn't impressed with everything I had to say but I tried to just be nice. I told her the truth about their health and situation bc she wanted 120.00$ for them and I'm not going to pay someone for the abusive situation they made their animals sit in. So needless to say she tried to make money failed and figured at least she wouldn't have to deal with them anymore.

BPnet Veteran HighVoltageRoyals's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Homegrownscales View Post
    I told her the truth about their health and situation bc she wanted 120.00$ for them and I'm not going to pay someone for the abusive situation they made their animals sit in. So needless to say she tried to make money failed and figured at least she wouldn't have to deal with them anymore.
    WTH She wanted money for those poor things?! I would understand if she was selling the enclosure for that much (and still that's kind of a stretch) but for a pair of sickly BPs? I'm sorry but those kind of people need to be neutered.
    7.6 Ball Pythons
    1.0 Argentine B&W Tegu

"Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone." -Picasso

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast