Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,207

0 members and 3,207 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Droopy eyes

Thanks

Re: Droopy eyes

I usually just dip the ends Isis's mustard greens in the chicken baby food. I bought a jar about two weeks ago and I've used it like five times maybe [feeding twice a day] and I still have 3/4 of a jar. Too much and it'll cause diarrhea especially with the fruit ones and some veggie ones with more sugar. Should've mentioned to put it on the greens and not just feed it straight. Sorry I forgot that part.
    1.1.0 Ball Pythons [Sparks & Zoey]
    0.1.0 Sandfire x Giant German Citrus Bearded Dragon [Isis]
    0.0.1 Crested Gecko Tattoo [Dorian Gray]
    1.0.0 Fiance [Jordan]

I'm a girl that likes reptiles, tattoos, tech, cars, and F1 races. Now if only I had more room in my house for computers and tanks, and a huge garage for cars and trucks...

Click here to check out Threadless.com!

Thanks
    They get used to being babied. I like to get them to do it themselves. I just absolutely refuse to do something like that everyday. One of my females is a rescue and her last owner used to cut the greens up small and then finger feed. For 3 years she was finger fed every day. SCREW that. That habit was broken in less than 2 weeks. When veggies go in the cages everyday everyone goes over to their dish and digs in. They dont need mom to feed them. They won't starve themselves and greens and veggies are a huge part of an adults diet.

Thanks

Yea I figured the babying part out the hard way for a while. Last November-ish she started slowing way down on eating anything. Wouldn't even look at a cricket or a superworm let alone her greens. The only way she'd eat is if I started out hand-feeding her one or two pieces while putting the rest of her greens in her bowl. Over the winter she continued to refuse food [brumation] but my fiance and I went out of town for a week and a half and Isis stayed with my mom. My mom had the best intentions... But she hand fed Isis everyday after she got off work because Isis wouldn't eat and she didn't want Isis to die while I was on vacation. Unfortunately it took me a while to get Isis to eat from her bowl again... We still have stand-offs where she'll try to grab greens out of my hand while I'm trying to put them in her bowl just so I'll "hand-feed" her again.
    1.1.0 Ball Pythons [Sparks & Zoey]
    0.1.0 Sandfire x Giant German Citrus Bearded Dragon [Isis]
    0.0.1 Crested Gecko Tattoo [Dorian Gray]
    1.0.0 Fiance [Jordan]

I'm a girl that likes reptiles, tattoos, tech, cars, and F1 races. Now if only I had more room in my house for computers and tanks, and a huge garage for cars and trucks...

Click here to check out Threadless.com!

Thanks
    Ya they can be super brats. It Sounds like she was going through a brumation which is normal for them to stop eating. But Hand feeding never helps things.

Thanks
    My boy's never really been spoiled, the first time I tried hand feeding him a roach, he engulfed my finger lmao, so no more hand feeding.

I've tried on and off for the past year to get him to eat veggies, doing the veggies in the morning, and bugs every other day at night thing, but, he just doesn't budge.

But tomorrow it will be 3 days, so we'll see how he does!
    Last edited by AkHerps; 04-14-2011 at 10:14 PM.
    1.0.0 Blood Python, Chomper.
    0.1.0 Normal Ball Python, Petrie.
    1.0.0 Bearded Dragon, Yoshi.
    1.0.0 Barred Tiger Salamander, Watson.
    3 female ferrets, Lola, Cha-Cha and Crazy girl.
    1 male ferret, Rico.
    1 Female Mastiff/Boxer, Bella.

Thanks
    Hold out he'll start eating his veggies. You could try putting 1 or 2 prey items in his veggies. Until he starts eating them. What kinds of veggies are you feeding?
    I've noticed mine love parsley and other pungent smelling fresh herbs in their veggies.

Thanks

He will pick through his salad to get to the bugs. I've even tried mealworms, and he will literally sit at his bowl picking through the salad.

I also am going to have to start tong feeding him bugs, because apparently, he's been diving into the bowl allowing the roaches to climb up him to get out. I cleaned his house last weekend and found about 20 roaches stashed under a log!

I've just been sticking to the mustard and turnip greens because I don't want to buy a lot and have it go to waste, but I will pick up some parsley this weekend.
    Last edited by AkHerps; 04-14-2011 at 11:49 PM.
    1 male ferret, Rico.

Thanks
    I use mustard greens, dandelion geeens, parsley, carrots, green and yellow squash, collard greens, chives, green onion sometimes, every once in a while Kale, Lima beans,sugar snap peas, green beans, and black berries when they are in season. Variety is the spice of life in my house. You can go to the grocery store and pick and choose how much you get of whatever veggies. Like some greens I only buy a couple stalks or leaves others I buy the whole pound. Also snapping off the stems reduces the weight so you pay less or get more for your $. Little tricks mom taught me about grocery shopping to save $. The stems is all water so that adds alot of weight.

Thanks
    haha wow, our grocery store is not like that. Everything is already bundled together and you have to buy it like that
    1 male ferret, Rico.

Thanks
    Sure you can just un- bundle it. 

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast