Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,383

1 members and 3,382 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Real Snakeman

Registered User Amon Ra Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yes I did. Which is why I addressed both the video (which really isn't all that bad) AND the treatment of the OP.

Thanks
    I dont see anything special about this video. Anyone can throw a bunch of a cobras. Monocles are very predictable. And im sure those are not in the best of health. This video is sickening. I would have to smack someone if I saw them throwing my snakes around like that.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Denial For This Useful Post:

ballpythonluvr (04-09-2011),mark and marley (06-02-2011),ryan427 (04-09-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts
    Different cultures, different ways. He certainly doesn't seem to be abusing them. Ever see a rat breeder toss a rat into a bin? What's the difference? Ever toss a rat or mouse yourself? And you're better than this guy why?

Almost everything is eaten by someone in Asia. It's also not America.

Ever hear of Sweetwater Tex.? Rattlesnake roundups? Now THAT'S cruelty, waste, greed and human stupidy glorified. If you really feel strongly about snakes being abused, do something about roundups here. Dumping on the foreign guy for showing, and probably not being totally fluent in English, what goes on in other places merely exemplifies the ignorance we Americans are so often accused of wearing like armor.

Let's be serious for a moment. How many of you would even get IN that pit with all those cobras? It's his job, apparently, and he seems to not only have been doing it well, but for quite some time. With cobras, even mellow ones, that has to say something positive about the guy.
    Last edited by wilomn; 04-09-2011 at 09:09 AM.
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to wilomn For This Useful Post:

anthonym (10-21-2011),Haldthin (06-25-2011),iCandiBallPythons (10-18-2011),JRSCB16A2 (10-09-2011),mark and marley (06-02-2011),pinkeye714 (04-09-2011),psychophobia (04-09-2011),shelliebear (04-09-2011)

Thanks
    That is indeed sad I am not going to watch the whole video. However I also agree check out some of the videos on slaughterhouses. It is terrible the way all animals that are treated the people eat.
    1.0 coral glow BP
    1.0 leuchistic blue eyed BP

Thanks
    hey mod,if u dont like me to put something like this,can you make special section for thread like this,name the section as (X-files,Mystery,Horror) and put a sign "Some thread have very graphic content,enter at your own risk",please............
    PLEASE CLICK HERE

Thanks
    Why don't you just give a warning in the thread title? That way we already know. Theres no need to make a whole new sections to show abused and dead snakes.
    Amanda

0.1 Normal Ball Python- Monty
    0.1 Mack Eclipse Leopard Gecko- Pandora
    1.0 Australian Shepherd- Dexter

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dexter For This Useful Post:

ballpythonluvr (04-09-2011)

Registered User Amon Ra Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wilomn View Post
    Different cultures, different ways. He certainly doesn't seem to be abusing them. Ever see a rat breeder toss a rat into a bin? What's the difference? Ever toss a rat or mouse yourself? And you're better than this guy why?

Almost everything is eaten by someone in Asia. It's also not America.

Ever hear of Sweetwater Tex.? Rattlesnake roundups? Now THAT'S cruelty, waste, greed and human stupidy glorified. If you really feel strongly about snakes being abused, do something about roundups here. Dumping on the foreign guy for showing, and probably not being totally fluent in English, what goes on in other places merely exemplifies the ignorance we Americans are so often accused of wearing like armor.

Let's be serious for a moment. How many of you would even get IN that pit with all those cobras? It's his job, apparently, and he seems to not only have been doing it well, but for quite some time. With cobras, even mellow ones, that has to say something positive about the guy.
    Thank you!!!!

Thanks
    Yes I have seen rattlesnake round up pictures. Imo the human beings that participate in that event are a waste of space.

Thanks

Re: A Real Snakeman

wow, i would not even be able to go there and clean up their poo. near the end when he picked up a cobra that was hooded and staring right at him. he didn't even flinch when it gave a warning strike.

the cobras are so beautiful and i admire them. to bad they are food in Thailand.
    Then I'm tiny like a door mouse
    Short like a bungalow house
    Minute like a pixie
    You can barely even see me

Registered User mark and marley's Avatar
    Thanks
    everythings already been said here already so im going to point this out.am i the only one who notices that all these foreign venomous snakes charmers or handlers or food herders are always wearing sandals? *jerry seinfeild voice*"whats the deal with that"

(i already know the answer as to why)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast