Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,308

2 members and 3,306 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    BPnet Veteran KatStoverReptiles's Avatar
    Thanks

He ate...thanks guys!

Got a male pastel the weekend before last. He was quite unhappy with his new digs and snapped at my husband and I a few times. This was sort of a change for us because our female normal is THE sweetest snake in the world. She never snaps, has never even formed the S shape, and never refuses a meal. Ulysses (pastel) refused the beautiful ft rat I prepared for him after his week of settling in. I was sort of upset. Mrs. Eaves (normal) ate after just 4 days with us.

Well after scouring the forums here, I decided that I'd go ahead and try feeding him a smaller rat and feed him in his tank. Well tonight I was up and he was making his nightly rounds so I decided why not. So I warmed the rat up all nice and warm and dangled it in there. He stuck his head out of his hide and there was LOTS of tongue action going on. Before he's always acted like he has no idea what we want him to do with this silly thing. After about 15 seconds: SNAP! COIL! GULP! Success!

So thanks people of bp net for your advice that led to my boy finally eating his 1st meal in his new home. Now we can start handling him (after his 48 hr digesting period) and work on turning him into the marshmallow that our girl is.

Thanks
    Hooray!! I'm glad he decided to eat. hopefully itls a sign of more good things to come.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk
    2.0 Normal ball pythons, Java and Nyoka
    0.0.1 Boa Constrictor Imperator, Hexadecimal
    0.0.1 Snow Corn, Yumi
    0.2 Mutt cats, Dizzy and Sumomo
    1.0 Shiba Inu, Hokkaido

Snake yawns are the cutest thing EVER