Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,478

1 members and 1,477 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,114
Threads: 248,559
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, kindred_of_rot
    Thanks

He is NOT interested.

I put my 700g male spider with my big 2700g female normal 3 days ago and I don't think he knows what to do. The previous owner of the female said she is ready to breed and last year gave him 13 good eggs but he just is not doing anything. Is there still hope?

Thanks

Re: He is NOT interested.

Is the first time you've paired them up? If so, then yes. Sometimes they do not lock right way. (They have to get in the right mood! ) Sometimes a female can go a whole season without you witnessing her locking with someone and she'll still give you fertile eggs. They do lock when you are not looking sometimes. If this is a male who has never bred before it could take him a few times.
    Under Construction.....

Thanks

I have been pairing a lesser and a cinnamon male with my normal female since november 2010, and didn't see a lock until four nights ago. They would sit curled up on the opposite end of the enclosure to her. The night after she shed, the cinny locked with her for nearly three solid days. Patience is key; give it lots and LOTS of time. :-)
    0.1 07 Normal "Bigsnake"
    1.0 08 Lesser "Congo"
    1.0 12 Piebald "Pixel"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jay_Bunny View Post
    Is the first time you've paired them up? If so, then yes. Sometimes they do not lock right way. (They have to get in the right mood! ) Sometimes a female can go a whole season without you witnessing her locking with someone and she'll still give you fertile eggs. They do lock when you are not looking sometimes. If this is a male who has never bred before it could take him a few times.

Yeah thats true this is the first time I have paired them I'm going to separate them since its been 3 days and maybe feed them then pair them back up in a few days. I might be using my dads friends male cinnamon I could use both males right? and maybe get 2 sires for the clutch? I heard someone say you could do that.