Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,244

1 members and 3,243 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

Thumbs up Cin City Reptile Show (Cincinnati, Ohio)

This was a new show that started up at the first of the year, and today was the first time I was able to make it out there. I didn't get to stay long, but just wanted to throw some kudos out

Big thumbs up to this: I got exactly what I went for! Picked up 500 superworms for the dragon and the leos (a local vendor), and also got some frozen feeders from D&K Reptile Sales LLC (I believe they also host this show, but I'm not positive). My only complaint---and it's a small one---is that I got there around noon and they were already out of adult frozen mice. I took the last fourteen they had. However! I pre-ordered for the next show, and they will be available for pick-up, no problems. Also, the frozen feeders were a little dirty, but hey, I usually wash my feeders in warm water and wash them off beforehand anyway

Location was really easy to find, right off of I-71 at Kings Island. Nice place, too.

I scoped out a few tables while I was there, definitely a decent selection of ball pythons, as well as corns; didn't see a whole lot of RTBs, but there were a couple vendors with them, and a nice variety of everything else in between (columbian tegus, red-eyed tree frogs, tarantulas, scorpians, kenyan sand boas, western hognoses, GTPs, chams, milksnakes/kingsnakes, russian tortoises... just to name a few).

I was pleasantly surprised by the number of vendors who were selling caging and supplies; it's been my experience that these are normally few at a show, and I'm glad there's someplace I can now go to pick up a good cage if I need one in the future. There was also a local woman selling sugar gliders and kits---she was very knowledgeable!

Overall, a good experience, and I'll be going back. I'm SO glad they have one here in the Tri-State area now... beats the heck out of paying for shipping and/or having to drive to Kentucky or Indiana!

More info can be found at their website: www.cincityreptileshow.com

Thanks

Re: Cin City Reptile Show (Cincinnati, Ohio)

What kind of caging were they selling? like pvc or wooden?

I wouldnt mind finding someone local who does pvc caging/racks.

Theres a supplier out of Lima, Ohio that sells the xpvc sheets. think its like $120 for a 4x8 sheet of it, same as melamine. Which can easily be used for a rack of 5 xD
    Mike

Thanks

There was a mix. There was a supplier there selling new PVC cages, though I didn't see any racks; trying to think of the name of the people selling them, but can't remember. The next show is April 10th, I'll be able to hang out a little longer and will grab a few cards lol

Also saw some wooden cages people were selling, as well as aquariums, etc. It was a good turn-out, worth the trip!

Thanks

if i had to venture a guess, at least one of the cage people there was snakefx caging (Steve Doss). i couldn't say for sure though, as i haven't been able to make it to that particular show yet.

yes, D&K Reptiles is at least one of the hosts of the show. i'm horrible with names, but i think that guys name is derrick. i know that Mac's Poison is a 'partner' in that venture. Mac is a good guy, as i've dealt with him quite a few times. i don't know anything about derrick, but can't imagine he's a bad guy.

one of these days i'll get up there to that show and see what they've got going on, but working as much as i am lately, and having to play catch-up when i'm not there means no shows for me right now.

Thanks
    Derrick is a good guy. I have bought about 30 snakes off him and I buy live feeders from him on a regular basis. Real stand up guy, and taught me a lot when I was first learning about ball pythons and getting into breeding.
    Last edited by DC Reptiles; 03-31-2011 at 07:57 PM. Reason: forgot something
    DC Reptiles.com coming soon....