Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,254

3 members and 3,251 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

Breeding Question! (First Timer)

Sooooo, I just put my male Mojo in with my big pastel girl (she's a virgin btw).. he was in there maybe an hour or so and I went to go see if they were cuddling at all yet. My girl decided to crap and pee alllll over the place. He was def all intertwined with her (no locks yet) but there is poopy and peepee everywhere. Is this her way of releasing the blockage to let out her "scent"for him?

So basically my question is should I let them be over night and not clean yet? Or is it a good idea to give them a clean tub real quick since its only an hour or so into it? I'm leading toward givin them a little more time, maybe till morning then do a quick swap. What do u all think? Thanks guys!! Wish me luck for some lemonblasts!

Thanks
    Btw, the female is laying in there with her tail curled up (the last 3 or 4 inches are pointing straight up.) Is this a good sign?

I know... I'm sure I should take a deep breathe and let em be. I just HaTE having dirty tubs.

Thanks
    Don't worry dirty tubs bugg the crap out of me too. but it's not a big deal at all. Stress could effect a potential lock so I'd let them be until after they lock. If hasn't happened by morning or afternoon you could take out any soiled bedding and do a quick replace. It sounds like a lock is imminent though so it shouldn't be too long. If they are in a lock and your quiet you can probably change the effected bedding too I just would try not to disturb them too much. Hope this helps.
    Morgan

Thanks

Re: Breeding Question! (First Timer)

Thanks for the reply Morgan! Would u say they are iminent because of what happened? And because of her tail being in the air? (Just curious of what to be looking for in pre-lock activity for the future).

Thanks
    that pooping and peeing is called scenting and is totally normal, gross but normal. just let it be until he's finished the job best of luck in your breeding efforts

and to answer you're other question yes the scenting and tail wagging is a good sign and usually results in a lock. just try not to disturb them to much and you're good
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Xan Powers!
    -Going back to being active-

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Don't worry about it, BP like it dirty , you can always clean once you separate them for now let them be.
    Deborah Stewart

Thanks
    You will also see the male wrapped around the outside of the female, pressed tightly against her.

Here's a couple examples from this year 

Thanks
    First timers, I would leave them alone! Just check on them once a day! You won't miss a lock as they lock up for a day or so! I reach in and pull out the poop but my snakes have been breeding for a while and dont seem to mind! Good luck!