Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,140

3 members and 3,137 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Ball Python Aficionado Adam Chandler's Avatar
    Thanks

Vendoring equipment for shows?

I've got a few questions for the breeders who vend at reptile expos. What kind of equipment do you need for a good table setup?
    So far all I can think of is some kind of display cages, lights for the displays, and I guess a big thing of hand sanitizer Is there anything else I'm not thinking of?

Display cages:
    I've been looking at ARS display cases: http://www.arscaging.com/arsacrylics.html
    Does anyone know of or suggest any other manufactures of vendor displays?

Display lights:
    I know in order to showcase your BP's colors you need good lighting over your display cases. These are the lights I'm looking at:http://www.bluemaxlighting.com/42w_b...on_54_prd1.htm
    Does anyone know of or suggest any other lights for lighting up your vendor displays?
    "We are artists using locus and alleles as our paint; the ball python as our canvas" - Colin Weaver

Check out my Photoblog!

Thanks
    I'd add a table cloth (absolutely) and a sign if you can, behind you.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cinderbird For This Useful Post:

Adam Chandler (03-22-2011)

Thanks
    This is probably the most popular lamp out there for shows...... http://www.staples.com/Black-Clamp-O...P1544:CL161817

I love ARS displays. They are fair priced and look great. Plus the cases are built better than anyone else I have ever seen. The few small problems they had have been fixed with the newer displays.

Other than that make sure to have a tablecloth, some business cards, and hand sanitizer out. Other things to add would be a banner, some pictures of your best animals (or slide show on monitor), maybe some pens with the business name so customers can jot down info on your card like interesting animals etc., anything else you want to sell..... I like to throw out some old Reptiles Mags for a few bucks. They are colorful and get people to stop for a second to look and give you a chance to be friendly and offer to show them something.

Most importantly make sure to have a smile front and center and be available to talk. I've seen plenty of grumpy vendors and it makes it really hard to want to talk to them about anything, even buying their animals.

Now the real fun is making sure you have everything for behind the table as well..... that's the part anyone doing a show the first time has no idea about....

5. The Following User Says Thank You to garweft For This Useful Post:

Adam Chandler (03-23-2011)