Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,689

1 members and 2,688 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
    Thanks

half assed shed :( my fault

hey guys, i have really been slacking on spraying down my snakes cage with a spray bottle, and now it came back and bit me. my snake started shedding, so i let him go for about a day without watching to just give him privacy, then, when i go in. his head and neck are done, but the rest isnt. wtf? i tried to do the scotch tape thing and got tons of skin off! it was fun! but, i only got astripe down him back off of skin, the rest still remains...any tips? besides soaking? ALSO! OHMYGOD my ball python is starting to get super flighty! holy cow! and about 2/5 times i pick him up, he starts doing this swimming motion like a eel. its really wierd . please help me!

Thanks
    You should not use tape to remove a stuck shed. Instead soak the snake in tepid water and use a soft wet towel to assist in removing the shed.

Thanks
    Well for starters, soaking is going to be your best bet for removing the rest of the stuck shed. Put your snake in a tub with luke warm water, no higher than mid body height of the snake. Also, make sure you put a wash cloth or something along those lines in the tub, so your snake has something to rub up against to get the rest of the shed off. Soak for about an hour tops, and you should be golden! If there's still some stuck shed after the soak, let him run through the wash cloth while you hold it with slight pressure to help get the rest of the skin off.

Can you elaborate a tad more on the "swimming motion?" Only thing I can think of, is that he's just stressed and is trying to get away.
    0.1 Spider

Thanks
    yeah its like. a cell phone vibrating, and he seems like he is swimming and flailing around.