Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,127

0 members and 3,127 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Thanks

thats not the worst

the worst part of it is that they in one of there articles are promoting the constrictor ban.

Thanks

Re: Down with peta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lk_holla View Post
    I dunno about you but my betta fish was pretty intense .

the other day we were being harassed at a train station by a peta member with a bunch of flyers. She kept asking 'do you love animals? do you love animals?' and when we ignored her she gave us a dirty glare like she was putting a curse on us and muttered under her breath as she walked away. I've adopted and rescued/rehomed plenty of different animals and given them great homes; i don't think I need some angry fanatic who probably doesn't even like most of the animals I own telling me her BS. Besides the fact that their entire organization is corrupt, they need to learn that they'll attract more bees with honey rather than angry and rude behavior.
    They don't believe in using honey. They say that it's a "stolen product." Not kidding you.

PETA comes up with some stuff that is not only unbelievable, but unbelievably funny. (as George Carlin said, unintentional humor is the best)

Check out the Sea Kittens. Whoever thought that one up had to be drinking the bong water.
    "Why I Have Grey Hair," the story of my life:

The cast: 0.1 het pied, Minnie, "Heartless." 0.1 pied, Dorothy, "The Girl Next Door." 0.1 mojave, Lily, "Stuck Up Little Princess." 0.1 pastel yb, Marilyn, "The Bombshell." 0.1 normal, Miss Maenad, "Femme Fatale." 1.0 dinker, Darth Jackass, "Scum of the Earth." 1.0 piebald, Mickey, "A Really Nice Guy." 1.0 jigsaw, Kaa, "The Young Dude." 0.1 cinnamon, Hera, "If Looks Could Kill" 0.1 pastel, Luna, "If It Moves, Eat It"

Recently joined by Badger and Honey, 1.1 spotnoses.

...and an ever-changing host of supporting actors and actresses: rat and ASF.

Thanks

PETA is a collective of fantatical hypocrites. Sometimes their insane ramblings and shananigans produce some results that could be construed as positive, but most of the time they just kill animals and promote eco-terrorism as well as infringe on our rights.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck_Crow View Post
    They don't believe in using honey. They say that it's a "stolen product." Not kidding you.

PETA comes up with some stuff that is not only unbelievable, but unbelievably funny. (as George Carlin said, unintentional humor is the best)

Check out the Sea Kittens. Whoever thought that one up had to be drinking the bong water.
    Now, just because they don't believe in using honey, does not make them bad(or crazy). I know plenty of people who do not believe in using animal products, (honey being one of them) and these are not fanatical people. They just don't want to use products that come from animals. It is a personal belief and what people choose to consume or use should not be the basis on which they are judged, if they are to be judged at all.

Now, PETA on the other hand is a whole different thing. There ARE good people in that organization that joined because they truly wanted to help animals. Unfortunately the organization is run by people who think that their way is the only way. They are passionate, even fanatical in their war on cruelty and they take it too far. Refusing to eat meat because of factory farm practices, great. Not wearing fur because of the cruelty involved in housing and skinning those animals, fine. Believing it isn't right to consume, use, or wear ANY animal products, that's wonderful. Shoving said beliefs down people's throats and harassing, them, I don't think so.
    Last edited by Jay_Bunny; 06-06-2011 at 01:05 PM.
    Under Construction.....

Thanks
    What I see in PETA is a bunch of people who want to micromanage other people's behaviors and aren't afraid to use illegal means to do it.

Sure, there are decent folks in PETA, but they're the kind of decent folks who will fall in lockstep with loonies.

I'm like this--if PETA folks don't want to eat meat or honey or wear leather or fur or whatnot, good on them. If they want to impose these restrictions on me, they can vacation in Hades.

One of the dumber things they do is throwing paint on fur coats. Not only is it vandalism, but what happens when a fur coat gets ruined this way? You call your insurance company, they settle on your claim and now the nasty fur farmer kills more cute little animals to make you a replacement fur coat.
    "Why I Have Grey Hair," the story of my life:

The cast: 0.1 het pied, Minnie, "Heartless." 0.1 pied, Dorothy, "The Girl Next Door." 0.1 mojave, Lily, "Stuck Up Little Princess." 0.1 pastel yb, Marilyn, "The Bombshell." 0.1 normal, Miss Maenad, "Femme Fatale." 1.0 dinker, Darth Jackass, "Scum of the Earth." 1.0 piebald, Mickey, "A Really Nice Guy." 1.0 jigsaw, Kaa, "The Young Dude." 0.1 cinnamon, Hera, "If Looks Could Kill" 0.1 pastel, Luna, "If It Moves, Eat It"

Recently joined by Badger and Honey, 1.1 spotnoses.

...and an ever-changing host of supporting actors and actresses: rat and ASF.

Thanks
    I'M SO GLAD there are fellow animal lovers who despise PETA as much as i do. I've hampered them however i could since i was in 8th grade. It seems even adults don't have very good logic when it comes to this sort of thing. PETA is NOT INTERESTED in saving animals, as far as i'm concerned, their primary reason for existence seems to point fingers at everyone but themselves for the issues they seem to have.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LoNeSt4r For This Useful Post:

Jason Bowden (06-18-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Browning View Post
    PETA actually encourages its members to commit arson against pet stores pet breeder meat factories, slaughter houses and labrotories. Dont believe me listen to this recording of bruce friedrich encouraging arson!
    http://www.consumerfreedom.com/artic...te-out-of-peta
    THIS. This is no different from somebody burning down a church or religious establishment, or going around tagging hateful speech on buildings that are religious or ethnic. There are ways to go about peacefully and rightfully congregating a movement in order to bring about change. Going out and encouraging people to act violent via arson is NOT the way to do it. This is teaching people it's okay to destroy establishments because they don't particularly agree with their way of outlook, and to do it violently is the best measure for them. That makes me sick! Sure, the shock value of the act will get the message across in the media, but morally... is it really helping out with the image of saving animals? This hurts PETA more than it helps them, and gives them a psychopathic image that everyone knows well about!
    xoxo, Shae

1.0 Normal Ball Python, "Leviathan"
    0.1 Axanthic , "Nake"

"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."
    ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

Thanks
    I feel with all the protests they do couldn't they be more pro active verses sitting around and handing out flyers? There are animals at shelters that need to be fed, cleaned and homed. Its not as dramatic as throwing paint on women with coats but needs to be done. (Why they don't have the same passion for leather wearers..... I will never know.....)

If you want to change the world do something.. talk is cheap. There are animals being abused, there are creatures in true need of help. Why aren't they doing that? Put money and start farms with free range cattle or free range chickens or whatever, make a animals happy farm, or rescue animals... donate food to animals shelters. They really need it, part of the reason they have to euthanize, only so many supplies. Take all that money for flyers and pamphlets and feed and clean animals at shelters.

Circle of life is natural. I get not wanting to hurt animals I am a true animal lover but if we respect and take care in our dealings with animals that's the best approach. I have no problem if people want to be vegetarian, vegan whatever that's your choice but as a carnivorous person, that shouldn't make me a bad person. I respect what I eat and need it to feed my body.

I work doing animals research here and there due to the fact I work on cancer research type things and etc. Part of the process is implementing those devices and therapeutics I make into an animals. Its not fun but necessary. The animals are not put in undue pain and we have a vet on staff etc. We have to do this to ensure safety and see how things work. Lots of testing etc happens before we even get to animals. We don't try unless we think it will work. We don't want to hurt them either and do our best with it. At this establishment we get PETA protesters all the time and them trying to sneak in destroy the facility and set the animals free, to their ahem natural environment. First of all the animals are all immunodeficient meaning the lab is their natural environment they will die without the very regulated clean environment we provide.(within hours) Secondly how the hell do they think all the medicines they take are made?????? I put my money on if they got cancer they would take chemo or antibiotics for an infection..... They have to be developed somehow. You want to stop disease and suffering.. let scientists/engineers/researchers do our job. I am sorry but my mum's or dad's life means more to me some mice.

Sorry I will end my rant and go play with my dangerous meat eating creatures, where we plot to take over the world and torture animals.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anna.Sitarski For This Useful Post:

Jason Bowden (06-18-2011),Slytherin (06-19-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Heh,

Quote Originally Posted by Anna.Sitarski View Post
    ..... (Why they don't have the same passion for leather wearers..... I will never know.....)
    Because throwing a tin of red pain over a bunch of bikers tends to end in a trip to the emergency room for the thrower.

And that's if he's lucky.

dr del
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dr del For This Useful Post:

Anna.Sitarski (06-18-2011),Anya (06-21-2011),darkbloodwyvern (07-04-2011),Redneck_Crow (06-18-2011)

Thanks
    Crazy, they want to tell me I cant have my pets, but are showing that there whole reasoning is financial conciousness. They are killing them because it is cheaper then taking care of them. A lot of public shelters like city apl's usualy have a time frame for adoption or they are killed.
    Seems like an instance of Big guys with big paychecks wanting to keep that money.

Lets hope PETA never gets into the health care industry .

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast