Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,291

2 members and 3,289 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,136
Threads: 248,576
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RelentlessPanda
    Thanks

How many mice in a 106qt tub?

I've been thinking of getting mice and I was wondering how many I could keep in a 106qt sterilite tub? I'm hoping to run 1.10 or so.

On another note, does anyone know if Petco sell their fancy mice as feeders? I know they have the REWs, with the occasional agouti, in larger enclosures as feeders.

Thanks
    I was told at one time no more than 7-8 per 10 gallon tank (hope this helps)

And yes im sure they sell them just dont let on their for feeders. Have you searched any privately owned petshops near you i know that they generally have more of a variety and healthier mice than petco does (at least near me) do a yahoo seach and just start calling worst they will say is they dont carry fancy mice.

Near me I spend $1.99 on fancy and 1.59 on PEW feeders and an occasional cream that gets accidentally thrown in.

All the petshops i go to know i buy their fancies and own a snake but i dont feed them to my snake.... not right away at least
    Last edited by Bp_Lee_2011; 02-14-2011 at 09:20 PM.

Thanks
    oh and you can have more if you have levels in your tub for them to get up on

More floor space = more meece

Thanks
    Thanks! Since 106 quarts is about 26 gallons, I think 1.10 will do well.

There is a private petstore near me that sells rats and mice as feeders, I just sent them an email. Theres another one thats a ways away thats really cool, they have a bunch of exotic rodents and tons of animals loose (its like a zoo haha), but I wouldn't trust them more than a chain for various reasons. The Petco near me is actually pretty good, it looks like they feed most of their rodents with blocks instead of those shoddy, to censor myself, mixes that they used to and the cages are always clean. I'm sure thats not true for a lot out there though.

Thanks
    Ok Yeah I think it varies store to store on everything unfortunately good luck though

I give mine a mix and 1 block per mouse seems to work for me but i dont have alot of mice either.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    What was said above... find a local pet store. Or a breeder. They sell them cheaper and usually better fed....