Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,577

2 members and 2,575 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,129
Threads: 248,574
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, KILLER112397
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

can anyone tell me if these are good deals?

hi, someone that ive bought from before.. see my other post asking if they were gravid, the females i bought from him.. hes offering me a pastel adult breeder male for 250, an adult spider het pied male for 450, a pinstripe juvenile for 450, a black pastel juvenile for 400 and a pastel female juvenile for 350, ill try to get pics but they arent the best, and any het he has no proof of

Thanks
    To be honest some of the prices confuse me. Pastel seems like a good deal. Havent seen too many adult male spider het pieds for sale, but that seems like a good deal. But 450 for a pin, 400 for a black pastel, and 350 for a pastel, all which are babies seems to be a bit much, regardless if theyre male or female. Thats just my opinion though... I havent seen the snakes, so thats the best I can answer for you.
    Last edited by hops523; 02-11-2011 at 02:17 AM.

Thanks

Re: can anyone tell me if these are good deals?

Quote Originally Posted by hops523 View Post
    To be honest some of the prices confuse me. Pastel seems like a good deal. Havent seen too many adult male spider het pieds for sale, but that seems like a good deal. But 450 for a pin, 400 for a black pastel, and 350 for a pastel, all which are babies seems to be a bit much, regardless if theyre male or female. Thats just my opinion though... I havent seen the snakes, so thats the best I can answer for you.
    well i dont know if the het pied is worth it, i mean you have to have another het pied for anything to come out pied to know for sure if he is accually het for pied, right? or am i wrong?
    and he showed me the pics they all look kinda plain to me, ill get them off my phone and post them

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Hi,

Honest advice?

Don't buy any more until you have the housing sorted out for the ones you already have.

dr del
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dr del For This Useful Post:

DellaF (02-11-2011),mpkeelee (02-11-2011),Sarin (02-11-2011),ShortStack (02-11-2011),snakesRkewl (02-11-2011),Stewart_Reptiles (02-11-2011)

Thanks
    you need to learn to properly care for the ones you have already before you go an get more. its only going to be harder to care for them. and it seems like you are pretty new to BP's and only care about breeding already. you are going to learn a lesson the hardway my freind. and your animals will pay for it

and yes i have read your other threads
    A room full of empty racks and thermostats that have been unplugged.

*Chris*

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mpkeelee For This Useful Post:

ShortStack (02-11-2011)

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Do you need to buy those animals, and if so why?

I would think given your latest thread http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showt...=1#post1508946 that you might want to hold off on any new addition and concentrate on your current problems and husbandry issues.

Research, research, research be a successful owner with what you already have and than consider other animals, do not buy animals just because you might get a good deal (which is not really anyway)

Not picking on you making sure you are getting a good start and a successful experience as a keeper.
    Last edited by Stewart_Reptiles; 02-11-2011 at 11:54 AM.
    Deborah Stewart

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

ShortStack (02-11-2011)

Thanks

Reading both your threads, I would relax and just stop buying snakes. Seems to me like your new to this and your trying to go WAY to fast. Just relax and get what you already have sorted out.

Good thing about snakes is they live a LONG time, and this hobby/profession whatever you want it to be is going to be around a LONG time, so you reallllly don't have to have to build a whole collection in a week, haha snakes aren't going anywhere!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BbyBoa View Post
    Reading both your threads, I would relax and just stop buying snakes. Seems to me like your new to this and your trying to go WAY to fast. Just relax and get what you already have sorted out.

Good thing about snakes is they live a LONG time, and this hobby/profession whatever you want it to be is going to be around a LONG time, so you reallllly don't have to have to build a whole collection in a week, haha snakes aren't going anywhere!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Jon
    0.1 Hog Cross Boa
    1.0 Hypo 100% het sharp Albino
    1.0 Albino B.P.
    1.0 Super Pastel
    1.0 Pastel B.P.
    1.1 Pied B.P.
    0.1 Pinstripe B.P.
    0.1 poss het pied B.P.
    0.1 bumblebee B.P.
    0.1 Caramel Albino B.P.
    0.1 Pinstripe Het Albino B.P.
    0.3 Normal B.P

Thanks
    I would have to agree I mean you really need to make sure you have the funds first. I saved up for about 3-4mons then started researching asking alot of questions getting a general base. I have everything all my snakes need money set aside for them incase of an emergency.

I currently have 5 right now and I could go out and buy 2-3 more but I wouldn't it would be to fast and then it would be less time away from each of them.

Just please really taking into consideration what everyone is saying because this board has so much knowledge you just need to be open minded.

Normal : 0.2 - Mini , Big Mama
    Albino: 0.1 - Blondie
    Pastel: 1.0 - Jafar
    Mojave: 1.0 - Timon

- Corey

Registered User Amon Ra Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Ok here's my .02 . I have been lurking your posts for the last few days and I would like to start off by saying that I'm pretty noone here is trying to discourage you from keeping or breeding ball pythons. I know it seems some people have come down on you hard in response to some of your posts but something you should understand is that most of us here have a true passion for these animals and we want to make sure they are cared for correctly.

We all understand the addiction and the desire to own every morph out there but it's way worse to buy that beautiful morph and have it die in your care then to simply hold off on purchasing it until you have it's new home set up and environment spot on.

If you can afford to spend 400+ on a snake then go to Lowes or Home Depot and for around 200 you can build a rack to hold several with heat and a thermostat. If you need help figuring it out there are some great stickys on the DIY forum or you can ask here or just PM me and I will help you all I can.

I love this hobby and I want encourage new people to get involved in it but not at the expense of the animals lives or health. I will be happy to help in anyway I can and answer any questions I can. I hope this helps. Have fun and good luck!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Amon Ra Reptiles For This Useful Post:

dr del (02-11-2011),purplemuffin (02-11-2011),snakesRkewl (02-11-2011)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast