Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,148

3 members and 3,145 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Here they are more Thyssa pics......DUW

Quote Originally Posted by BPelizabeth View Post
    No she doesn't sit still for anything ....other than she is digging those toasted blankys. She wakes up around 11:00 am (lazy butt)...basks for a while and then demands her bath and her play time. I tried to take her to pick up my son the other day at school....ahhhh yea....thats not happening again. She was a million miles an hour...so I am sure it made her nervous.

DZ....Yea she is quite comfortable with the run of my house.....as Dave stated....HER house now. And for sure don't tell her no....she is doing it no matter WHAT you say or how many times you pick her up and move her.
    Monitors are not dogs. Why are you treating it like one?

There are many places online to find good information about most monitors. If you need links to good monitor lizard specific sites, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadamamasboy View Post
    I wish my Blue tail was that well behaved!
    Chances of you having a 'well behaved' healthy bluetail are one in 1000. They are very fierce monitors by nature....comparable to croc monitors. Good luck with the animal and be safe with your fingers.
    -Daniel Hill
    Facebook: facebook.com/hillherp/
    Instagram: instagram.com/hillherp/
    Twitter: twitter.com/hillherp

2. The Following User Says Thank You to daniel1983 For This Useful Post:

Nadamamasboy (03-10-2011)

Thanks
    I love reading your posts. They all crack me up. I tell you, if I was born a lizard I would want to be with you lol. They seem to be well taken care of " to say the least".

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Jon
    0.1 Hog Cross Boa
    1.0 Hypo 100% het sharp Albino
    1.0 Albino B.P.
    1.0 Super Pastel
    1.0 Pastel B.P.
    1.1 Pied B.P.
    0.1 Pinstripe B.P.
    0.1 poss het pied B.P.
    0.1 bumblebee B.P.
    0.1 Caramel Albino B.P.
    0.1 Pinstripe Het Albino B.P.
    0.3 Normal B.P

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BoaFreak For This Useful Post:

BPelizabeth (02-10-2011)

Sahuarita, AZ...about 30 miles SW of Tucson
    Thanks
    Jesus....are you kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is it something with some of you monitor owners that you have to act like jerks. (and clearly that is NOT the word I am thinking) I mean really!!!!!!! Its one thing to try to help ppl out in a respectful way....but its another to be like that. I don't treat MY monitor like a dog. I have 2 dogs thank you so much!!!! If you think I do...then mind your business and move on. As far as links....yea I'd rather ask ppl that can be nice. And who in the world are you to tell ANYONE..its highly unlikely that their monitor is healthy.
    Michelle
    Lets just say it has advanced to ....way too much to list

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BoaFreak View Post
    I love reading your posts. They all crack me up. I tell you, if I was born a lizard I would want to be with you lol. They seem to be well taken care of " to say the least".

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Thanks!!!!! I try to do my best with all my kids!!!
    Michelle

Thanks

Jesus....are you kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is it something with some of you monitor owners that you have to act like jerks. (and clearly that is NOT the word I am thinking) I mean really!!!!!!! Its one thing to try to help ppl out in a respectful way....but its another to be like that. I don't treat MY monitor like a dog. I have 2 dogs thank you so much!!!! If you think I do...then mind your business and move on..
    I wasn't being disrespectful. I asked a question. You let your monitor roam your house, bring it to pick up your kid at school, give it a bath and playtime. I assumed you were treating it like a dog. I apologize for my assumption. If I am wrong, please correct me. I was just wondering why you do such things with a lizard.

As far as links....yea I'd rather ask ppl that can be nice.
    Just offering some assistance. I apologize.

And who in the world are you to tell ANYONE..its highly unlikely that their monitor is healthy.
    I never said it is unlikely for the guy's monitor to be healthy. Please re-read the post.

If his bluetailed monitor is 'healthy' then it will most likely NOT be 'well behaved'. Bluetails are well known for being very fiesty IF they are healthy. If the monitor was not a little mean, then I would be concerned about health issues.
    -Daniel Hill
    Facebook: facebook.com/hillherp/
    Instagram: instagram.com/hillherp/
    Twitter: twitter.com/hillherp

Thanks
    Shes so pretty!!!

I think it is a shame that people that own and have experience with monitors are so hateful about answering simple questions or sharing knowledge in general. Its almost as if they think they are better than other reptile keepers and that no one but them could ever keep a monitor!!!!!! They should probably remember they were beginners once too.

sent from my EVO
    1.0 Spider "Charlie"
    1.1 Normal "Precious" "Chumley"
    0.1 Pastel "Sweet Dee"
    1.1 Mojave "Stewie" "Little Bit"
    0.1 Lesser "Sally"
    1.0 Pied "Jack"
    1.0 Nile Monitor "Superman"
    0.1 Bearded Dragons "Snookie"
    0.0.1 Sulcuta Tortoise "Kenny Powers"
    1.0 Chocolate lab "Dante"
    1.0 Now snake obsessed boyfriend

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jbean7916 For This Useful Post:

BPelizabeth (02-10-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jbean7916 View Post
    Shes so pretty!!!

I think it is a shame that people that own and have experience with monitors are so hateful about answering simple questions or sharing knowledge in general. Its almost as if they think they are better than other reptile keepers and that no one but them could ever keep a monitor!!!!!! They should probably remember they were beginners once too.

sent from my EVO
    Amen to that sister!!!! But I have to say there are a few that have been more than helpful and I appreciate their help and their respect!! Yea thats you skiploader, quicksilver (mike) and Jmug!
    Michelle

Reptiles EVERYWHERE! Foschi Exotic Serpents's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,292 Posts
    I totally agree! I hate the coldness. The -you're wrong and I'm right so you don't deserve respect-...

In 1995 I got my first Burmese python. I was told to use a heat rock. Nothing was ever said about humidity. RI?? If the snake showed signs I was told to just put a heat lamp on and raise the heat.

We now know that isn't right but...

God forbid anyone kept one that way now!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Foschi Exotic Serpents For This Useful Post:

BPelizabeth (02-10-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daniel1983 View Post
    I wasn't being disrespectful. I asked a question. You let your monitor roam your house, bring it to pick up your kid at school, give it a bath and playtime. I assumed you were treating it like a dog. I apologize for my assumption. If I am wrong, please correct me. I was just wondering why you do such things with a lizard.

Just offering some assistance. I apologize.

I never said it is unlikely for the guy's monitor to be healthy. Please re-read the post.

If his bluetailed monitor is 'healthy' then it will most likely NOT be 'well behaved'. Bluetails are well known for being very fiesty IF they are healthy. If the monitor was not a little mean, then I would be concerned about health issues.
    First of all telling someone that the chance is one in 1000 is pretty much the same as highly unlikely. Sorry I misquoted you...to me...same thing. While I can understand your intentions.....it didn't come out well.

As far as being disrespectful....no you were rude!!! What makes you think that they shouldn't be allowed to come out of their cage and roam around and get some exercise?? Yes...she loves water and I give her a bath....she loves that time and swims around and ducks her head under the water. She lets me know when she is done by coming up to the edge of the bathtub. Apparently Quince monitors LOVE the water, hence why their cages need some type of pool. And finally YES....I took her in a car to the school to pick up my son. I work with kids and teach them about reptiles. So I wanted to see how she would do if and when I decide to take her into a class to spread some GOOD information about reptiles and teach kids about them.
    Michelle

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Foschi Exotic Serpents View Post
    I totally agree! I hate the coldness. The -you're wrong and I'm right so you don't deserve respect-...

In 1995 I got my first Burmese python. I was told to use a heat rock. Nothing was ever said about humidity. RI?? If the snake showed signs I was told to just put a heat lamp on and raise the heat.

We now know that isn't right but...

God forbid anyone kept one that way now!
    I just dont get it!!! I was talking to my husband tonight and I said if this is how it was when I got my first ball python, the snake would be dead by now....and I would of never had another reptile. It really makes me just want to delete all of the Thyssa posts. Which is really a bummer as I was so excited to share her with everyone!
    Michelle

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast