Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,078

1 members and 3,077 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,132
Threads: 248,575
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RelentlessPanda
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,914 Times in 1,149 Posts
    Soaking like that does not sound like a good idea to me.
    And if she IS getting an RI, you run the risk of her getting water into her nose or throat and making things much worse.

I am currently treating a girl for RI, and while bumping the heat a little and the humidity slightly has helped, I am positive since she already has trouble breathing that soaking her would do more harm than good, especially if she got water in her nose or lung. Not to mention the added stress.

I've never heard of soaking for an RI in my time here, not once. I would hesitate before I followed that advice. Of course, that's just me, but I want more than one opinion when it comes to something that serious.

I am however successfully treating her with antibiotic injections. Even though I knew she was developing an RI, I waited until she presented with symptoms of bubbling and mucous before I took her to the vet to avoid the possibility of a misdiagnoses. But, I put her in quarantine and raised her temps and humidity as soon as I suspected what was going on. I am convinced that I slowed the progression, but once she showed visible symptoms she went straight to the vet.

I wish you the best with your snake, and I hope it's nothing serious.

Gale
    1.0 Low-white Pied - Yakul | 1.0 Granite het Pied - Nago
    1.0 Mojave - Okoto | 1.0 Vanilla - Kodama
    1.0 Pastel - Koroku | 1.0 Fire - Osa
    0.1 het Pied - Toki | 0.1 het Pied - Mauro
    0.1 Mojave - Kina | 0.1 Blushback Cinnamon - Kuri
    0.1 Fire - Mori | 0.1 Reduced Pinstripe - Sumi
    0.1 Pastel - Yuki | 0.1 Dinker Normal - Akashi
    0.1 Ghana Giant Normal - Tatari | 0.1 Dinker Normal - Kaiya

Thanks
    Generally if you have an RI in the beginning stages you'll hear a little raspyness or pop and whistles as they breath. When and if they are developing and RI bumping the heat and humidity could stop it. But if its already progressed to mucus or even heavy wheeze you need antibiotics. I had a rescue with an RI last year we were doing injected antibiotics, heat bumped up and 88.f soaks 1x daily. It cleared it up quite Quickly. But with a developing RI you should bump the heat and humidity up and maybe that will help things. I've never heard of the bubbles and I'm not saying she has a developing RI I've just had experience taking care I a couple of them and thought I'd throw that in. This could go either way tho. If more things develop or don't go away vet her asap. I'd have an appt just to check anyways.

Thanks

Re: "Depressurizing" Sound?

Keep us updated.
    For every 15-foot python out in the Everglades, there are thousands of species of clams, trees, cats, grasses and birds that are wrecking just as much havoc across the globe. So, for all the headaches the snakes are causing, I at least applaud them for being scary enough to get people's attention.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12