Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,136

3 members and 3,133 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Registered User LOSTCOAST_BALLZ's Avatar
    Thanks
    duh they are saying its a good deal. i like her, and im not a fan of dirty or semi dirty bees but thast a deal good luck.

Thanks

Re: Possible Buy BumbleBee

Quote Originally Posted by mpkeelee View Post
    what do you mean that the price is right?? do u mean its a good deal or that its the right price for a female bee?? if you can sell me a bee for 350 ill take one!! everyone else sells em for around 600

oh ya, and for 350 id get her she was ok ad didnt have anything wrong
    If you buy a bee these days for 600$ you are getting ripped off. These days I would not pay more then 450$ for a snake with very clean pattern. Lets face it though bees are easy to make, and fairly common so there price is going to continue to drop.

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: bumble bee - need some help

Quote Originally Posted by corey2805 View Post
    The person is asking 350$ female. The price is cheap but I feel like a big part of that is where I live. Was wondering what you guys thought is this a def jump on it deal
    I have been saving up for sometime I almost have my rack and everything completed. I planned on buying a male pastel and another female normal for my first attempt at breeding. But I was contacted today by a local breeder that has 2 bumble bees that are ready to go. He has male and a female I got him to go down in price to 300$

When started to heavily research everything the bumble bee and the super pastel are my two favorites.

Do you guys think this is a good deal?
    How do you like tyhe markings and such?

Just really want some input before I jump the gun
    Merged
    Deborah Stewart

Thanks

Thanks for all the comments I'm def buying her and then I already have a very nice pastel lined up and will be ordering a fire or a very nice baby pastel from constrictors unlimited

Thanks
    She's a nice bee and I think it's a good deal. Line some have said before bees are quite common now and there for when she's breedable bees won't be worth near what your paying for her. But it's not a bad deal and depending on your breeding plans it could be something you do really well with.

Thanks
    It all depends on preference.

Personally, I wouldn't buy her, she's just a little too dirty for me... But it could be the picture.

Edit: Looks like you made your decision. Grats!
    Last edited by Sarin; 01-27-2011 at 02:55 PM.
    ~ Nicole
    www.CanadianRegius.com

Click to Like & Subscribe to Candian Regius!

Banned
    Thanks

Re: bumble bee - need some help

If I was to breed the bumble later on with a pastel or a super pastel would the brownness u spoke of carry over as a gene
    For the most part, yes. It's not really a trait as it is low quality pastel. Pastels are based off of their brilliant yellow color and which ever animal holds it the longest or keeps the yellow is the more valuable snake.

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney281 View Post
    Why do you say that? What signs tell someone how badly a snake will brown out?
    Normally on Bee's it has to do with the "dirty" of the snake. The black/brown scale spots where the yellow is. Snake of this quality normally end up nice and brown. Not saying every time the yellower the baby the better the snake, but there is a reason why people hold back brighter animals over the dull/dirty ones.

Just my opinion but I wouldn't take that snake if it was free. It would be a waste of space in my collection. I know some people buy for genes but others, like myself, buy for quality. Quality in, quality out. Like I said that is just my opinion, goodluck with w/e you do.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BbyBoa View Post
    If you buy a bee these days for 600$ you are getting ripped off. These days I would not pay more then 450$ for a snake with very clean pattern. Lets face it though bees are easy to make, and fairly common so there price is going to continue to drop.
    My Bee won't leave my collection for less than $600. Easy to make? What is this a cooking show? Everything is "easy to make". As far as being common it's b/c every joe blow gets 2 of the worst looking animals for next to nothing and breeds them. It's contaminating the BP market. They won't go much lower than the $450 they are at (cheap quality). It's a 2 gene animal and especially if a female has some weight on her, value only increases.
    Mentality like this why animals like this have dropped from $700-800 last season to the ridiculous $450 they are now. I have yet to see a bee on the market to be even worth buying.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,356 Times in 1,377 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mpkeelee View Post
    what do you mean that the price is right?? do u mean its a good deal or that its the right price for a female bee?? if you can sell me a bee for 350 ill take one!! everyone else sells em for around 600

oh ya, and for 350 id get her she was ok ad didnt have anything wrong
    300-350 for a female Bee is a good price...if you don't care about the brown...personally I'd pass and would gladly pay double that for a great looking Bee...
    Lucifer Sam, Siam cat...
    Always sitting by your side,
    Always by your side...
    That cat's something I can't explain...

Thanks

is it possible when breed one of the clutches could have a brighter and cleaner bee?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123