Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,218

0 members and 3,218 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg

Thread: Adopation Help

Thanks

Adopation Help

Well I have already lined up picking up my first pastel next week. But I posted a couple old tanks that I had on craigslist and was contacted by someone who is selling their ball python. After asking a few questions it was clear they didn’t know what they were doing I asked for pictures they showed me. The snake is 2 ½ years old and is small I asked the feeding cycle it was on and got that one mouse every 10-12 days like the pet store said. The python is a normal but comes with everything 40gallon lights everything. He wanted 175 I told him I would give him 135 pending I check the snake out and see what type of condition he is in. What would you guys do or have done in a situation like that. Taking care of another to me wont be a huge deal I’m not worried about that.

Sometimes It Hurts... PitOnTheProwl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 4,274 Posts
    One of ours was a CL rescue, told the family that they here doing wrong and showed them some pics of mine that are younger and 2 to 3 times the size. I was only explaining to inform them in case they got another snake down the road. Well the wife wound up giving me their whole set-up..........I was only there for the snake.

Thanks

Re: Adopation Help

I just dont understand why people run out and get a animal that they cannot care for or cannot feed. I have been slowly buying what I need for my rack and everything so I'm fully prepared and ready to expand to 4-5 snakes. It's just a shame

Thanks
    Thanked 3,036 Times in 2,147 Posts

I see full set ups with snake for $50 to $75 quite often which is still more than I'd pay for someones neglected snake.
    "Free" can end up costing more than buying a healthy snake from a reputable breeder.
    Jerry Robertson

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by snakesRkewl View Post
    I see full set ups with snake for $50 to $75 quite often which is still more than I'd pay for someones neglected snake.
    "Free" can end up costing more than buying a healthy snake from a reputable breeder.
    This.

The pet stores gouge people for 100+ dollar set ups, that don't work, so the snakes get sick or dont eat and the people dont want them anymore. Then they put them on CL to try to get their money back.

I would stay away. But then again, I wont "rescue" *coughpurchasecough* a 100.00+ normal