Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,746

0 members and 1,746 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,124
Threads: 248,568
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Rai
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

got my first ball python

so i finally got my bp after 3 weeks of making sure i knew everything i needed to about it. he is 6 months old and when i brought it home i went to put him/her (forgot to ask if it was a boy or girl) in the tank and it didnt want to go in. i finally set him on the ground in the tank and he looked around for a while and then just chilled. when i bought him the lady said that he was the most fun loving python that she had every had. she said that he has never bitten or struck at her or anybody that has look at him. after i let him adjust i took him out to play and he had an extreme amount of energy. i let him slither around on my floor and he never made an atempt to move away from a like 6 foot radius around me. when he slithers over my hand he hooks his tail around one of my fingers and then keeps it like that. everybody in my family loves him and wants to play with him. he is easily the best pet i have ever owned!!
    Last edited by hollierjr; 01-24-2011 at 04:34 PM.

Banned
    Thanks

Re: got my first ball python

Quote Originally Posted by hollierjr View Post
    so i finally got my bp after 3 weeks of making sure i knew everything i needed to about it. he is 6 months old and when i brought it home i went to put him/her (forgot to ask if it was a boy or girl) in the tank and it didnt want to go in. i finally set him on the ground in the tank and he looked around for a while and then just chilled. when i bought him the lady said that he was the most fun loving python that she had every had. she said that he has never bitten or struck at her or anybody that has look at him. after i let him adjust i took him out to play and he had an extreme amount of energy. i let him slither around on my floor and he never made an atempt to move away from a like 6 foot radius around me. when he slithers over my hand he hooks his tail around one of my fingers and then keeps it like that. everybody in my family loves him and wants to play with him. he is easily the best pet i have ever owned!!
    Don't want to burst your happy bubble but you should really leave your snake alone for atleast 7 days to let the guy settle in and to make sure he is on a nice feeding schedule.
    Other than that, congrats

Sahuarita, AZ...about 30 miles SW of Tucson
    Thanks
    lol Mike geez... You so not a gentle one.

I have to agree though and let me tell you it is the HARDEST thing you will ever have to do! Really you should give them a good 2 weeks. This will give him time to settle in and get a feel for his new place. The second hardest thing you will have to do.....give him 48 hours of no touchy touchy after eating. Congrats on your new lil addition and be sure to check out the care sheets and ask away if you have any questions.
    Michelle
    Lets just say it has advanced to ....way too much to list

Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 Times in 3,885 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Congrats on your first bp! It is definitely one of the hardest things to do when you bring home your new bp, but leaving it alone for at least a week is super important! When I bring home a new one I don't even allow myself to open the tub, it's torturous! One he has eaten a few meals you can hold him all you want, but for now it's best to let him settle in. I know it sucks, but you can do it!

Thanks

I got him a week ago and was just really really late posting him I took him out for the first time last night. I made sure that I read the forum before I got him. And I let him do his thingg in the tank for a week before handling him

Thanks
    Congrats!!

You should put some pictures of him up!
    0.1 Normal - "Yoko"
    1.1 100% Albino Het. "Syd", "Vici"
    1.0 Pinstripe "Thor"
    0.1 Spider - "Mantra"

Registered User Animals As Leaders's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SlitherinSisters View Post
    Congrats on your first bp! It is definitely one of the hardest things to do when you bring home your new bp, but leaving it alone for at least a week is super important! When I bring home a new one I don't even allow myself to open the tub, it's torturous! One he has eaten a few meals you can hold him all you want, but for now it's best to let him settle in. I know it sucks, but you can do it!
    haha sounds like overkill with not ever opening the tub!! Can't do that lol

Congrats though on the new snake!! Have fun with him/her!!

Sahuarita, AZ...about 30 miles SW of Tucson
    Thanks
    I agree...we need some pictures!!!
    Michelle
    Lets just say it has advanced to ....way too much to list

Thanks

here is my first picture of him
    [IMG]file:///C:/Users/Floyd/Desktop/JR's%20phone/IMG_20110123_194410.jpg[/IMG]
    here is one of after he ate today
    file:///C:/Users/Floyd/Desktop/JR's%20phone/IMG_20110124_223339.jpg

Thanks

i cant figure out how to put my pitures up on here. but i have a piture of him purchased on a tree that i bought for him. he climbed up on to the top of the tree and is just sitting purched up there

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast