Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,349

3 members and 3,346 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Well, I don't see anything wrong with the box, structural wise, the styrofoam seems to fit tight enough to be acceptable, and it's packed according to standards. So, I don't see how he can be a noob, the packing is standard.

Soooo, unless he shipped the snake dead, those heat packs by some freak accident of bad luck cooked it, and now he seems to just be avoiding you.

Good luck

"Price has very little to do with QUALITY. Quality stands on its own merit and doesn't need a hefty price tag to prove its worth."

Thanks
    I don't like the hothands for shipping material. I'd be ok with the way he had packed it if.... It was much warmer than it was. He called and asked what I was comfortable with and we agreed on the double box. In the weather we are in the one box just doesnt work well especially without proper heat. IMHO. This is based on the tests I've done aswell as what I've shipped.

Reptiles EVERYWHERE! Foschi Exotic Serpents's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,292 Posts
    This is exactly why I simply do not ship in the winter.. Those heat packs are not expensive at all and he could have had some shipped to him in only a few days. There is no excuse for this. I bet he is not Fedex certified and he completely broke the UPS rules by shipping a snake with them.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Sahuarita, AZ...about 30 miles SW of Tucson
    Thanks
    I know that you are trying to be fair and I commend you for that. But a reliable and trustworthy new shipper could have done more research and simply asked how to!!! Lord knows I have not started my breeding as of yet but when I do I will be calling on some of you that I trust to talk to you in regards to the how to!!!!!! I wish you all the best in getting your money back....I unfort. have a feeling it is going to be long ride for you.

PPl need to remember as large of a community as we are ...we are also a very tight knit community. Do one wrong and you might as well do all of us wrong!!!!
    Michelle
    Lets just say it has advanced to ....way too much to list

Thanks
    This is true. That's why I love the bp community. I felt like ok maybe hasn't had much experience shipping so he was asking how comfortable I was with the temps and etc. And I was totally fine with waiting if he needed time to get more supplies. I just would have liked to have been told that instead of yea I have all that stuff. Sure. I have had good experiences shipping in cold weather and I felt confident the snake would have been just fine with proper heat and the extra box for insulation. But this definately isn't what happened. It's been 4 days and I have yet to get another email back. I knew at once that this was going to be a long process. I hope for the best still. It's still just too bad that it happened like this did. I'm a small company and I really try and give back to other small companies buying from them. After all we all get our start from someone. The only real times I go with the big boys is for the super high qualities and then it's just too expensive to risk. And good genes are def an absolute necessary. But I try to give everyone a fair chance. I see way too many people that may have conflict and they get hotheaded fast. I try not to. After all you catch bees with honey. Or a snake with a fat juicy rat . Also I don't want to completely possibly hurt someones reputation or business if it's something that can be fixed or solved amicably we all make mistakes. But it's beginning to look like a bad deal the farther this thing goes on. And either way I feel like community should be warned. Sad to say but it's turning out to be a really big crappy deal and thats the crummy part. He could at least answer the darn email. Arg

Sometimes It Hurts... PitOnTheProwl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 4,274 Posts
    That is the bad feeling that I am getting for you. We all have some way of checking our email regardless of where we are in the world. I think you are going to get ignored in the hopes that you will give up. UPS is not going to insure it, being it was a live animal. I would start the claim process rolling with pay-pal first thing monday morning.
    Just my thoughts.

Thanks
    again I am so sorry this is happening to you!! Please continue to let us know how this plays out.

Ya know it might be neat to see a thread "How to Ship in Cold Weather" w pictures and directions. Maybe like a best practice for others to see!
    Last edited by BPelizabeth; 01-23-2011 at 01:14 PM.
    Michelle

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BPelizabeth For This Useful Post:

PitOnTheProwl (01-23-2011)

Thanks
    I agree, I figured at once it would be a long process. It's really frustrating. I have myself tested a few Methods of shipping. And it's definately something that would be good to see a perfect way. In the end it still comes down to the shipper. If none of those safeguards are done it's all futile. I know for a fact he can answer emails wherever he is and the fact he isnt is pretty disrespectful and unencouraging. Which isn't helping the situation.I appreciate all the replies and support in this situation. Ill be keeping all updated as things progress. Hopefully it doesn't get too crazy.
    Thanks!

Thanks
    Well i hope you take me up on a thread. I personally would like to see a best practices so when it comes time for me to have to ship I take all precautions!!

cmon...Foschi and Homegrown....
    Michelle

Reptiles EVERYWHERE! Foschi Exotic Serpents's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,292 Posts
    Lol it's so easy to package and ship correctly that I believe it's pure laziness to not do so. It isn't a question of $$ either. I just think that personally everyone should stop using newspaper and start using polyester pillow fill. It's so much softer, warmer, and more insulate. I love it. I do recall seeing a thread posted by someone else last year with photos of how they packed their boxes but I don't remember who it was. There were photos or a video im sure.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast