Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,283

0 members and 3,283 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,795 Times in 1,391 Posts
    That is a very fair attitude, I hope that it is actually a mistake somewhere, I hate to think that a breeder of any animal would intentionally rip off a client or be naive enough to think a chemical hand warmer was good enough, those things hardly work in my gloves to shovel out the driveway by the time I am done they have gone cold. I hope that you get a fair resolution to the situation. Do you know if he has a replacement snake?

Thanks
    At this point even if he did bc he lied so hardcore on the phone with me which I'm still not judging I just don't feel comfortable doing a replacement. What ever went wrong pretty much tainted my thinking on this person.I keep looking at the email he sent and he admitted packing the animal. So this is either lack of experience or didn't care. I try and be fair when it comes to others' business just like id want someone to be to me. But in all reality this wouldnt happen with me and let's say by some crazy chance it
    Did my first sentence would be what would you like to do replacement or refund. I feel like his email was kinda dodging any responsibility. But then again thats the only one I've gotten. I've going to give him a chance to explain and make it right.

Thanks

Re: Bad shipping procedures

I wonder if it's possible that the snake was cooked before it died... If it was mid-eighties outside the box, it could've been much hotter inside.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,053 Posts
    I don't understand why people even attempt to ship at all anywhere in the US in January..

too risky imo even when packed to the best of you ability

Sorry about the snake

Registered User masterofdestiny90's Avatar
    Thanks

Didn't you say it arrived UPS? UPS does not ship snakes period. If he was a responsible shipper he would have known that. I hope you can get this all worked out.
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens". - J.R.R Tolkien

Sometimes It Hurts... PitOnTheProwl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 4,274 Posts
    I am really sorry the snake had to go through any of this.
    I dont think I would wait 2 weeks for an answer!, 24 to 36 hours m-a-y-b-e...........

Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 618 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mainbutter View Post
    I don't understand why people even attempt to ship at all anywhere in the US in January..

too risky imo even when packed to the best of you ability

Sorry about the snake
    This is definitely inaccurate. I ship in Dec. - Feb. every year, and never have any problems. I just recently shipped an animal to a customer on the eastern seaboard, and the temps in Memphis were 13 degrees, and the temps at the destination were 19 degrees. The customer lives semi rural, and the Priority Overnight was guaranteed by noon. There was a problem with the arriving flight, and the animal didn't get delivered until 2 pm. With all of the extended time in the elements, the box still arrived and my customer shot some temps for me. Inside the box was 70 degrees, one heat pack was 108 degrees and the other was 100 degrees and the snake was 67 degrees. While the snake is what some consider to be on the cool side, I have never had a problem with a snake, as long as it stays over 60 degrees. ^0 is a bit cool, but a Ball exposed to that temp for a very short time (12 - 18 hours) is not going to harm it. As long as the snake is warmed up slowly back to normal temps, I have never had one get sick or suffer any other issue.

Cold weather shipping can be done, but some thought into what is happening, and a bit of experience go along way.

p.s. Sorry to the OP for the loss. I hope you get some resolution.
    Tim Bailey
    (A.K.A. MBM or Art Pimp)
    www.baileyreptiles.com
    The Blog

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to muddoc For This Useful Post:

blackcrystal22 (01-23-2011),Freakie_frog (01-21-2011),JLC (01-23-2011),Stewart_Reptiles (01-21-2011),Wh00h0069 (01-23-2011)

Thanks

I think you are wise to wait and see. This guy imho sounds like a noob.
    1. he used ups who do not knowingly ship snakes unless you grandfathered in before they stopped. (I bet if you check the box there is no notice of "Live animal inside" on it)
    2. he used hand warmers instead of heat packs.
    3. He used a heat gun thinking this would have some lasting effect.
    4. Not sure but did you say there were no styrofoam inserts?

I think you are both kind and patient to wait to see what happens. Good Luck!

Thanks

I disagree.

A "Noob" wouldn't necessarily LIE about how he's going to ship..sounds to me like a guy out for a quick buck, he didn't even invest any money in getting the materials needed to ship safely. I definitely am thinking he shipped a dead snake and there is no evidence to the contrary.

Quote Originally Posted by tonkatoyman View Post
    I think you are wise to wait and see. This guy imho sounds like a noob.
    1. he used ups who do not knowingly ship snakes unless you grandfathered in before they stopped. (I bet if you check the box there is no notice of "Live animal inside" on it)
    2. he used hand warmers instead of heat packs.
    3. He used a heat gun thinking this would have some lasting effect.
    4. Not sure but did you say there were no styrofoam inserts?

I think you are both kind and patient to wait to see what happens. Good Luck!

"Price has very little to do with QUALITY. Quality stands on its own merit and doesn't need a hefty price tag to prove its worth."

Thanks
    Very true. I ship throughout the year. I live in Vt and ship all over the us. It can be done if done the right way. In the 400 bucks I spent on the animal I think the least he could have done was get shipping supplies, i had already waited about a month for the animal and woukd have waited longer and ship Fedex which was the company he said he was going to use and the company I ship through and the company that I am only comfortable using. I hate ups and in my area they are really awful. I think he is new to shipping. And I also think bc he had animals delivered to him in this manner he thought it would be ok to duplicate. This would have been ok in 50-80 degree weather. But let's face it it's the dead of winter in both locations. The fact that the way he shipped him he was comfortable with and even scared the snake would have too much heat is a little scary. I look at his shipping method as irresponsible and cheap. That's ridiculous to me. Also when he called me Monday morning and was concerned about the temp and asked for my advice and decision I told him I rather wait unless x factor and x factor is taken. Pretty much unless your going to pack him the way I'd pack him please wait. We agreed that this way was the way he'd be shipped out and using Fedex and if he had all the supplies (he was in the car when we were speaking) hed call me when he got home to confirm shipping. Which he never did. On top of that. Just in case I sent him an email saying hey didn't hear from you I assume you didn't ship but if by some chance you did please send the tracking. I didn't get that until after I had received the doa animal. IMHO he never was going to use the shipping method I was comfortable with and just wanted a yes ship him out and It looks like now 2 complete days later that he is going to ignore me. I knew that he was going out if town after he shipped him out. But I had also been told that he had all the correct supplies on hand or he'd wait. So I didn't mind him going out of town. In the end I'm sure even at the ends if the earth a person could at least answer an email trying to resolve the situation. I see this as an cheap or inexperienced shipper and he's real sorry about what happened but has yet to give me some thought on a solution. So I get more irritated everytime I check my email.
    It was a syr box and there were inserts but we agreed on a styrofoam cooler outer box as well and 2 40 hr heat packs. Packed well with newspaper which there was a bit in there too. So he really only did the bare min packing with crap hothands.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast