Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,213

0 members and 3,213 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    That should be fine and if later he grows out of it you could always replace it.

Thanks

Re: Anaconda Tub Ideas?

Yeah, no probs. You only need a couple inches of water and your yellow will displace the rest.

Nice to see someone housing an 8 foot annie in an enclosure most people think is adequate for an 18 foot retic...

Way to go!!

Chris
    "That cute little lizard in the pet shop will, in a few short years, become an enormous, ferocious carnivore; capable of breaking the family cat's neck in a single snap and swallowing it whole." - Daniel Bennett

passion.herp
    passionherp.com
    info@passionherp.com
    facebook.com/passion.herp

Thanks
    Thanks. It's gonna be a nice terrarium setup with alot of fake plants giving ground cover. I'm even gonna have floating plants in the sink giving water cover for him. My anaconda is mainly a pet for me and want a nice display cage for him in my bedroom. I may get a male tiger retic one day. I want to see how the anaconda goes as he gets older though. He's really nice so far. Only bitten twice but it was my fault for spooking him. He's never struck when I pick him up.
    Pythons
    1.2 Normal Ball Python
    1.0 Cinnamon Ball Python

Boas
    1.0 Yellow Anaconda
    1.0 Albino Boa Constrictor
    0.1 Het Albino Boa Constrictor

Thanks
    Keep handling, don't let him associate your scent with any negative experiences, and you'll be good to go for life. Oh, and never, ever smell like food!

Chris
    "That cute little lizard in the pet shop will, in a few short years, become an enormous, ferocious carnivore; capable of breaking the family cat's neck in a single snap and swallowing it whole." - Daniel Bennett

passion.herp
    passionherp.com
    info@passionherp.com
    facebook.com/passion.herp

Thanks
    I make it apoint to handle him everyday except for 24-48 hours after feeding. So far he isnt cage aggressive and can reach in and pick him up at any time. Im really amazed at the snake so far. Everyone told me that anacondas are slow growers but for only being 6 months old and over 4ft in length. It seems to be growing way faster than the boas i have. I feed it pretty healthy though. Small rat once a week but im gonna bump him up to mediums come february. He eats 1 and is ready for a 2nd right away. Hes definitly gonna be on the larger end of a male yellows size.
    Pythons
    1.2 Normal Ball Python
    1.0 Cinnamon Ball Python

Boas
    1.0 Yellow Anaconda
    1.0 Albino Boa Constrictor
    0.1 Het Albino Boa Constrictor

Thanks

Re: Anaconda Tub Ideas?

I just got a utility sink at Ace Hardware for $25.00. It's 22 1/2" x 24 1/2" x 12"(deep). This is what i am planning on using in my Yellow Andie's cage when i build it. Made of plastic so it light weight.
    1.0 Yellow Anaconda, 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow, 1.0 Dumeril Boa, 0.1 Argentina Boa, 2.1 Malaysian Blood, 0.1 Marble Borneo Short Tail, 0.1 Jungle Carpet, 0.1 Bredli Carpet, 0.1 75% Diamond x 25% Jungle Carpet, 0.1 Coastal Jaguar Carpet, 1.0 Coastal carpet, and 1.0 Jungle x Jaguar Carpet.

Thanks Chuck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12