Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,437

2 members and 3,435 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    House Snakes Addict... Aes_Sidhe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,065 Times in 848 Posts
    That's really good news

CLICK HERE to LIKE The RLReptiles on FACEBOOK

Rafal Lisinski

1.0 Striped African House Snake "Marduk"
    0.1 Striped African House Snake Ishtar
    1.0 black phase Brown House Snake Seth
    0.1 black phase Brown House Snake Nephthys

Thanks
    My only concern is a few jack turds will do something stupid and not only ruin it for SYR, but for all of us that got FedEx certified on our own. Then we'll have to pay a super expensive hazardous fee or get banned outright.

Only takes one idiot to ship a venomous snake that gets out or something else like that. I personally would rather have people have to go through their own certification process.

Oh well, I'd love nothing more than to be proven wrong though.

Thanks
    I'll be sticking with my FedEx certification.

FedEx will not ever for any reason allow third party shipping. This is what I've heard from many people at FedEx. My rep at FedEx even knew about the Reptster crap when I signed up for my certification and she said FedEx would be closing down any providers like them ASAP.

There was a new service (DFS) that opened up just a few months ago and they have already been closed down.

GET CERTIFIED WITH FEDEX PEOPLE. It's easy and FREE.

Hognose, Sand Boa & Ball Python Morphs

Greg Bennett | http://www.hognose.com

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GregBennett For This Useful Post:

Twisted Reptiles (01-12-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,185 Times in 2,610 Posts
    I don't really feel all that great about this. Sure, it will be super for anyone that hasn't went through the trouble to get certified.

Although it IS easy to get certified, it does take a bit of effort. But there is a good reason for this. Through this EFFORT you prove to FedEx that you know HOW to ship a reptile properly and safely. That it will be packed the way it should be. That you understand what it takes. Then, and only then, will you get certified.

Now, with "third party" shipping through SYR "anyone" can ship a snake, as long as they are registered with SYR. Now, one would "assume" that said person knows how to properly ship a reptile, or at least learns it from the info at SYR. However, one can also assume that they'll just print out their label, slap it on the box, pack however they see fit, and off it goes. They don't have to worry about loosing their certification. Its not theirs to loose.

And how does SYR make SURE their customers will follow procedure ? They can't, obviously.

There are always some people that will ruin it for the rest. Making it so easy to "legally" ship reptiles to anyone that pays for the label, will sooner or later go south. It only takes a couple of incidents with improperly packed snakes getting out of boxes, or people requesting refunds from Fedex for DOA snakes that were improperly shipped.

Fedex would quickly decide that this isn't worth their time (something UPS figured out already)

If that were to happen I fear not only would SYR be shut down, but Fedex would say goodbye to all snake shipping.

So while this seems like a cool and easy solution for those that don't want to bother getting certified, it might end up biting us all in the behind.

Not meaning to be a negative Nellie, its just that we are quickly running out of ALL shipping options, if Fedex were to go, we'd be in quite a bind...
    Zina

0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-ExupÈry

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zina10 For This Useful Post:

Shadera (01-13-2011),Twisted Reptiles (01-12-2011)

BPnet Veteran Jonas@Balls2TheWall's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Ship Your Reptiles is now Fedex Certified.

Quote Originally Posted by RichsBallPythons View Post
    Worst thing to happen to the industry as FedEx is our main resort of shipping since SYR ruined it with UPS.

If this gets the green light and they mess this up say good bye to reptile shipping for good.

I vote NO on this and have contacted my Rep to stop this service.

I will never use their service again since the beginning hiccups.

Ill stick with my Fedex Cert
    I wasn't aware the SYR was the reason UPS stopped letting us ship snakes. Now that I think about it, its not good news at all. I would hate for our only form of shipping reptiles to be ruined. Thanks for letting us know. I will also let my rep know that I feel negatively about this tomorrow. I rather keep shipping through fedex than save a few bucks.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

From reading all your comments I'm now fully against this happening..I was originally all for it because I thought it might once again make it easier to ship(I know getting certified is easy but for some lazy ignorant ppl it might not be..) and maybe, possibly, hopefully other companies like ups would see it going well and get back on with the reptile shipping industry, but now that I have been made aware of all the negative things that could happen(I'm naturally more of an optimist so I didnt think negative about it at first), I'm very uneasy about this whole ordeal...I guess all we can do is pray that some dumb fool doesnt mess it all up for everyone. I for one do not plan on ever using SYR and will be getting certified for myself as soon as I have snakes to ship!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jball1125 View Post
    I wasn't aware the SYR was the reason UPS stopped letting us ship snakes. Now that I think about it, its not good news at all. I would hate for our only form of shipping reptiles to be ruined. Thanks for letting us know. I will also let my rep know that I feel negatively about this tomorrow. I rather keep shipping through fedex than save a few bucks.
    SYR is not the reason UPS "stopped shipping snakes". That is utter bs! All these online speculators know absolutely NOTHING about the situation.

We had nothing to do with ReptilesExpress being shut down. Let them answer their own questions, do their own thing.

YOU couldn't ships snakes BEFORE with UPS. YOU can't now. But you can still ship reptiles, as always. Nothing functional has changed with UPS for the individual UPS user. Nothing at all. They haven't gotten out of reptile shipping, they didn't stop their standard live shipping service.

Some breeders CAN ship snakes with UPS. Today. Any number of well known breeders. Pro Exotics is one of them. ALL of our accounts are still live and active, used everyday, including the SYR account. We ship Pro Exotics snakes each and every week (weather permitting). We were allowed to ship snake through the SYR site for the period that we offered it.

Snake shipping was not the reason we can't offer UPS online shipping through the site, it is a combination of issues, most notably third party shipping. In the end, they just weren't comfortable with the model.

The model with FedEx is specifically a third party, online, SYR model. With snake shipping. Posting a "wagging finger" icon does not make it not so. We are bringing $2 million in UPS shipping to FedEx through SYR and I have to rely on a finger wagging dude online to set my policy? It actually doesn't work that way.

We have 50,000+ successful shipments in a year and a half, and I can count "trouble" issues on my 10 fingers, perhaps one hand if I really think about it. Less than one percent of one percent, of trouble issues.

Ignorant people will ship reptiles and contraband REGARDLESS. We work hard to educate shippers and give them the tools, confidence, service and support they need to ship safely and responsibly. Our "trouble" percentile is less than the standard UPS and FedEx "trouble" percentile.

There are FEWER problems with SYR users than with other FedEx or UPS shippers. We have an excellent track record, and we provide a necessary service to hobbyists that need to ship their reptiles safely.

The sky is not falling, the world has not ended, and some of you guys are completely off base as to whose accounts were "pulled" and who caused "problems". I don't know about Copycat Service Jones, apparently they posted that their accounts were pulled, and assumed that ours were too. But it is not true, we used those accounts today.

Paranoia, speculation and negativity don't make things true.

It is discouraging to work so hard to bring a service like this to the industry and have negative speculators take another hobbyist from "Awesome!" to "I'm now fully against this happening." in just 10 minutes. Really? Really?

If you want answers, please ask questions. If you want insight, I am the one that knows. ReptilesExpress Freddy has NO IDEA what is going on with our UPS or FedEx accounts.

We are doing good work over here, and we have an excellent track record. The site will be live soon, FedEx will be doing the account verification and clarification for you that have doubts, and tons of new reptile hobbyists will ship their live reptiles safely and responsibly.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Robyn@SYR For This Useful Post:

ChadOwens (01-18-2011)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Well now I dont know what to think...I'm going to gather more intel on this obviously complicated topic and then keep my decision private...

Thanks
    how does SYR work? I mean do you send them the snake? o what.. I'm confused.

Thanks

Once we go live you can watch, and judge, the success of others. You will also be able to verify, for yourself, the legitimacy of our site and account. Not with something we send you, but from FedEx employees directly. Soon. Soon.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast