Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,173

1 members and 3,172 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Thanks

Re: Ship Your Reptiles is now Fedex Certified.

Quote Originally Posted by ShortStack View Post
    I have a question about being certified individually.. Once you demonstrate you know how in order to have the certification, is there any way that they check periodically on your shipments to make sure you're following protocol? Because simply "demonstrating" it once doesn't mean it will happen every time. Someone could do it simply to get the certification, and then say to heck with it.
    No, they don't, but at least they know that you know how to properly ship the snakes.
    Eddie Strong, Jr.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wh00h0069 View Post
    No, they don't, but at least they know that you know how to properly ship the snakes.
    Right, which makes sense. I'm just saying that simply being individually certified doesn't necessarily mean someone will follow the rules any more than someone going through SYR. Either way, people will find a way to do what they want and possibly mess it up for everyone. I was just making sure that was how it worked before I totally replied because I didn't want to be wrong in how the process went, since I don't know anything about it.
    -Nicki-

1.0 Bearded Dragon (Sugar)
    0.1 Iguana (Spice)
    1.1 Dauschands (Duke and Daisy)
    1.0 Bassett Hound (Bo)
    1.0 Lab-Mix (Ali)

"Distance isn't for the fearful, it's for the bold, for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love, for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough."

Thanks

Being particular about details is a part of my job, and nature

Just to be CLEAR---

"Cobra" is NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT synonymous with "False Water Cobra"!!!!

Nobody EVER EVER EVER shipped a cobra with SYR : )

A false water cobra is "false", it is a water snake that MIMICS a cobra's neck to ward off predation. It is NOT a cobra, not at all.

A false water cobra is an inexpensive pet trade snake.

But to someone outside of the reptile world (and even to many inside) all they hear is the "cobra" part. Even in this thread, folks keep posting about shipping cobras.

THAT NEVER HAPPENED with SYR. And for us, that is a very important distinction

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn@SYR View Post
    Your rumor is only kinda true. Yes, someone shipped a false water cobra, yes, UPS freaked out about it. But that didn't get anything shut down. That part is not accurate.

That incident became part of an ongoing discussion, along with an unlabeled dry ice shipper (against policy) and a small mammal that got shipped (also against policy). Those are definite trouble spots. Those are the three unique trouble spots, of 50,000+ shipments, that we had to address.

They definitely raised issues. But folks ship crazy stuff with UPS and FedEx on their own every day, from every Kinko's and UPS Store. Drugs(!!) liquor, guns, fireworks, all kinds of crazy contraband. They do it with more frequency on their own, WITHOUT SYR, than our users do WITH SYR. Statistically, our users are extremely safe shippers, responsible shippers, and educated shippers. We have NEVER had any kind of crazy contraband shipped.

But those three issues together didn't cause a shut down either. It is a larger issue, including the third party issue, including overall snake phobia, including internal UPS communication issues. There is no sense in pointing fingers and placing individual blame, I want to move forward. The UPS conversation was long and drawn out, over many many months, with both sides trying to find a workable resolution. In the end, it is easier for them to say no, then yes.

Shoot, our FedEx conversation has taken 10 months, and we are close, but still not live : )

And regarding False Water Cobra shipper...

Mildly venomous, common pet trade animal, I was ignorant, I didn't know, come on I ship 35 packages a week, blah blah blah, he still got his account canceled immediately, and hasn't been back.

If you hear a "rumor" and wonder if it is true, if you need clarification on a confusing issue, ASK ME. You can email me directly, or give me a call.

Thanks!
    Thanks for clearing this up. To be clear, I wasn't trying to further a rumor, I just wanted to know. I also don't mean to be an ass, I just have concerns like many here being that Fedex is now our only option. While we're on the subject of mildly venomous, what's the deal with hognose snakes? I can't seem to get a good answer on whether these are permitted or if people are just shipping them without specific permission. I don't deal with them right now but I've considered them.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Has this gone through yet? Can SYR ship snakes yet? Has anyone done it? Is it going well? UPDATE US!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Powerspythons View Post
    Has this gone through yet? Can SYR ship snakes yet? Has anyone done it? Is it going well? UPDATE US!!
    ShipYourReptiles's website has this posted on their main page, "We are back! After shipping more than 50,000 packages with UPS, we have completed our transition to FedEx. We are now ready to take care of all your non-venomous reptile shipping needs."
    Last edited by Wh00h0069; 02-22-2011 at 01:51 PM.
    Eddie Strong, Jr.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Powerspythons View Post
    Yes, they are shipping snakes again.

We shipped an order to a customer last week through SYR. Everything went as smooth as silk and we will be using them again.
    "Selective Breeding Begins With Selective Buying"

Louis Kirkland
    Stealth Exotics on facebook
    Cornerstone Reptiles on facebook

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345