Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,126

2 members and 3,124 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
    Thanks

please help sick ball python

i recused a ball python from my friend he had two in the tank. when i went to take the two out i noticed one was dead and the other was in really bad shape. i was told he hadnt been feed handled or had any care for at least a month. he had no water in his tank either. i brought him home and got him drinking water i soaked him in warm water and as he slithered through my hand his dead skin came off, taking chunks out of him near his tail. his belly has sploches of red on it and is bloated. after the skin came off he took a poop but he's still bloated. i cant get him into the vet till tomorrow or tuesday all the emercancy vets ive called dont do reptiles. i dont know what else i can do im scared he wont make it till then.

Thanks
    Just getting him hydrated probably saved his life. Sounds like he has some scale rot for sure and maybe something internal. A good vet should be able to treat him and get him fixed up. Kudos to you for giving it a try.
    - Dave Harms - www.wax32.com | Pinstripe, Yellow Belly, Sulfur, Cinnamon ph G-Stripe, Pastel het Hypo | Pastel, Fire, Albino, Mojave, Lesser Platinum ph G-Stripe, Pastel ph G-Stripe, het G-Stripe, het Hypo, het Piebald, Pastel Yellowbelly

Thanks

Re: please help sick ball python

keep him warm and dry in a smaller than normal enclosure, bump up temps a bit and bump up humidity. put him in there and hopefully he will hide and sleep. if not then just let him roam around until he does sleep. hes prolly got an RI which causing bloating, may have bacteria on his belly causing the splotches. if you want you can out neosporing without painkiller on the snakes belly and it may hlp a bit. but a vet exam is really needed when u can get in. good luck
    A room full of empty racks and thermostats that have been unplugged.

*Chris*