Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,329

1 members and 3,328 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
    Thanks

Question Do normals wobble?

Hey guys

Last night I noticed that my snake was stretched out and relaxed, then periscoped about 8" and then was swaying her head side to side. Is this just her scoping the area? or can poss hets that carry the spider gene show this? This is my first ball and the first time i've seen this so still new to some things that maybe obvious in normals?

Cheers

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Do normals wobble?

Quote Originally Posted by Superdan View Post
    Hey guys

Last night I noticed that my snake was stretched out and relaxed, then periscoped about 8" and then was swaying her head side to side. Is this just her scoping the area? or can poss hets that carry the spider gene show this? This is my first ball and the first time i've seen this so still new to some things that maybe obvious in normals?

Cheers
    That sounds like perfectly normal behavior to me. Not at all like the "wobble" in spiders.

Just FYI...there is no such thing as "carrying the spider gene" unless the snake IS a spider morph. There is no "het for spider" or "possible het for spider."

I have never seen it, but I HAVE heard stories of non-spiders spinning or "wobbling." But personally, I believe that while it is a similar phenomenon, it probably does not have the same direct cause (whatever it is) as the spider wobble.
    -- Judy

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JLC For This Useful Post:

Superdan (01-03-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts
    stand on one foot and see if you "wobble" lol, if shes periscoping shes getting more weight in the air and making herself more top heavy, it would be natural to sway, since she doesn't have 2 feet stabilizing her. nothing to do with the spider gene what so ever