Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,209

1 members and 3,208 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.

Thread: No RI!

Thanks

No RI!

Hey Everyone,

I took my little girl into the vet today and he told me she does not have RI. I put off my trip till later today so that I could take her in and sure enough it looks like it cleared up on its own. I had raised my temps up and that was it. Tuesday she was doing some open mouth breathing with some a little bit of mucus. Today she had no open mouth breathing but a little clicking and the vet said her trachea and he didn't hear much in her lungs. So thanks for all the suggestions and the great information in previous threads!

Thanks
    yay! Thats great to hear.. or well read

Thanks
    Glad to hear it! Having a sick snake is no fun, for you or her
    iHerp - http://www.iherp.com/thedarkwolf25

1.1.0 Normal BP (Hera) (Eden)
    1.0.0 Pastel BP (Homer)
    1.0.0 Corn Snake (Zeus)
    0.1.0 Kenyan Sand Boa (Athena)
    0.1.0 Red Tail Boa (Persephine)
    0.1.0 50% Dwarf Retic (Isis)
    1.0.0 Bearded Dragon (Spyro)
    3.1.0 Cats (Rajah, Muffin, Storm, Ladybug)

Banned
    Thanks

Re: No RI!

Quote Originally Posted by OdinsBPs View Post
    Hey Everyone,

I took my little girl into the vet today and he told me she does not have RI. I put off my trip till later today so that I could take her in and sure enough it looks like it cleared up on its own. I had raised my temps up and that was it. Tuesday she was doing some open mouth breathing with some a little bit of mucus. Today she had no open mouth breathing but a little clicking and the vet said her trachea and he didn't hear much in her lungs. So thanks for all the suggestions and the great information in previous threads!

This is good news under one condition. The Vet actually knows what he/she is talking about. BG is not kidding when he says..... MOST do not. Hopefully yours does.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gunns View Post
    This is good news under one condition. The Vet actually knows what he/she is talking about. BG is not kidding when he says..... MOST do not. Hopefully yours does.
    He is a member of ARAV which I got a link to from the General herp FAQ from here. I emailed him and he told me he does most of his practices work with snakes and owns a few himself. She was showing far less of the general warning signs of RI for the last 2 days but I felt I should take her in anyways since I put off leaving for vacation for it. She had no mucus in her mouth and was breathing real nice. Hopefully this means she has kicked it but told me to check in with him after the new year if she has any more warning signs.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OdinsBPs View Post
    He is a member of ARAV which I got a link to from the General herp FAQ from here. I emailed him and he told me he does most of his practices work with snakes and owns a few himself. She was showing far less of the general warning signs of RI for the last 2 days but I felt I should take her in anyways since I put off leaving for vacation for it. She had no mucus in her mouth and was breathing real nice. Hopefully this means she has kicked it but told me to check in with him after the new year if she has any more warning signs.