Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,272

2 members and 3,270 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: WTH is this?

Thanks
    I'm going to give her the 3rd dose (6th day) of antibiotics real quick. Crossing my fingers, hope she looks better, but she probably won't so I'm not going to get all my hopes up.
    2.3 normal ball pythons
    .1 ultramel motley het caramel corn snake
    1. butter motley het caramel+stripe corn snake
    1. fiance I had to rehome my kitty, and my dog got cancer and we put her down. RIP.(Did I forget anything??)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts
    Really? You shouldn't expect it to look better on 2-3 doses of antibiotics. Snakes(reptiles) have slow metabolisms, which is why they can eat once a week rather than requiring calories every day. It will take a lot of time to look different and with surface issues, it may very well NOT look any better until a shed, depending on what it is.

Your vet is either an idiot or not. If the vet said it's not a burn, nor a case of scale rot, but gave you antibiotics without doing a culture, they are either seeing something no one here sees in the slightly blurry photos(which trust me, I know it's difficult to get clear shots, try from farther away, no hopes really) or they are a dog/cat vet and don't know what a burn or scale rot looks like.

Give the anitbiotics or get a 2nd opinion from a better vet. It COULD be a ton of things, the most commonly seen ones being burns and scale rot. If it's some rare thing other than those two, then only testing to see by a lab will be able to tell for sure. Call your vet(after the holiday now) and ask if they can do a culture to see what it is for sure. If they act like they don't know about culturing, call a different vet until you find one that can give you accurate diagnosis.

In the meantime.. the melodramatic cries of "I'll just leave!" "No one loves me!" and "I guess I won't ask for help!" (in multiple threads)after people have made this a FOUR PAGE thread offering ideas and opinions is really just plain whiny. People offered ideas, said you should keep the snake in a clean warm cage and continue the antibiotics. JLC offered you VERY good advice about heating the cage safely and about treating the snake. Instead of realizing the help, you have to whine about the idea that someone pointed out that you're ignoring the offers of help and advice totally. "No one has any ideas?" posted after a ton of opinions offered up is ridiculous. People don't want to post just to see their post. If you're ALREADY ignoring the advice, there's not a lot of reason to post ANOTHER comment of "treat with the vet antibiotics, leave it on newspaper or paper towels or see another vet".

Not trying to be harsh, mind you. But look over your posting history. I can see you're enjoying people "attacking you" or "bashing you" so you can rush off to tell everyone about how you're just a poor girl trying her best with your pets and everyone is against you. If that's what you want, then just go do that without cluttering up a friendly helpful site and making the people who DO help folks a lot start to feel bitter and used by noobs who spit on their efforts to help. Think how the people feel that have posted trying to give you advice, then see you wailing about no help, about how everyone just attacks you and all the other junk. How do you think that makes THEM feel? How do you think it's going to be when a noob with an actual problem shows up to ask for advice and gets crickets chirping because the experianced keepers finally had enough of the emo whining and fussing when they DID try to offer advice?

Read the thread.. read all the advice and help offered to you.. read the sympathy about your snake being hurt that all these folks have tried to help you. If you still don't give a poo about the folks trying to help you out with your snake, then don't expect people to give a poo about your 'butthurt' over someone telling you off over your behavior.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

3. The Following User Says Thank You to wolfy-hound For This Useful Post:

wilomn (12-24-2010)

Thanks
    any new about your baby corn It might be fungal there is a corn place to go for all your corny needs. http://www.cornsnakes.com

Thanks
    id try a diffrent vet good luck

Thanks
    Cheesecake is doing a lot better.
    Anyway, at the date of my last post in this thread Cheesecake did indeed look quite a bit better--her open sores had scabbed over so they could heal, instead of getting rubbed raw on things in her tank.
    she finished the antibiotic and looks a lot better. she also shed once. She's looking pretty good to me.
    Last edited by shelliebear; 01-19-2011 at 11:08 PM.
    2.3 normal ball pythons
    .1 ultramel motley het caramel corn snake
    1. butter motley het caramel+stripe corn snake
    1. fiance I had to rehome my kitty, and my dog got cancer and we put her down. RIP.(Did I forget anything??)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345