Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,022

2 members and 3,020 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Scott L. (28)

» Stats

Members: 75,129
Threads: 248,574
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, KILLER112397
    BPnet Veteran majorleaguereptiles's Avatar
    Thanks

San Diego Rattlesnake on Dec. 10

Just a quick little story for anyone curious. Me and my father were out at Bronco's peak which is a 4x4 rock crawling trail in carrol canyon here in east san diego, CA. It was a warm sunny day, but I was still figuring the rattlesnakes are definitely in hibernation considering it was Dec. 10th and we've had cold stretches with definite below freezing weather out in the mountains prior to this day. Me and my dad were joking just prior that we might see one just because the day was so nice, I said "NAHHHH". Well I get out of the jeep to check some lines down the trail, and sure enough almost step on western diamondback who decided to strike at me and miss me by a foot. I did a quick dodge and jumped back, managed to swallow the balls in my throat, and he went ahead and slithered off into the sticks. I went back to the jeep took my shoe and pants off to just double check that I wasn't bit. Pretty crazy to say the least. Still a beautiful snake, about 3.5 feet long, with a couple rattles. Sorry no pics tho. We went on to finish the trail with no problems. I have seen quite a few out there, but never at this time, and it really caught me off guard. I learned my lesson and I'll take my snake boots when I do 4x4 spotting even in the WINTER! SHEESH! I do have some Jeep pics on the trail I'll post.

BPnet Veteran majorleaguereptiles's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: San Diego Rattlesnake on Dec. 10

This is definitely rattlesnake heaven. Next time I'll get a pic of the snake!

Thanks

Looks like fun

Thanks

Cool story, and absolutely love your Jeep! Yeah we had that all too short warm spell last week. It was surreal having summer weather in the middle of December. Thankfully you didn't get bit!

Registered User LOSTCOAST_BALLZ's Avatar
    Thanks
    looks like fun! your a lucky fella

Sahuarita, AZ...about 30 miles SW of Tucson
    Thanks
    wow that looks like a great time. A very good friend of our does jeep trips with a group all the time. Scary storry!!! Living in the desert in Tucson I am always paranoid about running into rattlesnakes. One of my phobias actually. I am always saying to my son....if something rolls under the bush...get a rake!!!

A couple of years ago one of the kids that was trick or treating with my son actually had a small rattlesnake stuck in the cape of her costume. Thank god someone heard it and was able to get the cape off prior to her being bitten. EGADS..
    Michelle
    Lets just say it has advanced to ....way too much to list