Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,197

4 members and 1,193 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,137
Threads: 248,578
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, dangereux
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Pastel vs Spider ( or bee)

I am torn between the two for my first morph, it has nothing to do with cost or the wobble I have read a lot on that and that isnt what my indecision is based on. I am working towards my DMV and would like to one day casually play with morphs and breeding since genetics has always been a passion of mine ( and what better way to tie my pets into a grad school thesis when the time comes ) I am curious which would offer more versatility in a breeding project. I plan to look for months for the morph of my choice before a purchase no rushing into another baby for me

Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,053 Posts
    Pastel plays very well with just about everything out there, and it has a visually distinct homozygous (super) form.

For getting in for a minimum of cost, I'd personally look for a few months until you find "THE" female pastel, once you get an idea of an ideal for a pastel. That'll let you get your foot in the door to raise up a snake for a while to find a good male to pair her with.

Then again, the above could pretty much all be said for spiders as well, with the exception of having a homozygous form.

For me, I just love the yellows in the various combo morphs out there, and one of the best ways to achieve yellows in ball pythons is with the pastel trait.

Thanks

Re: Pastel vs Spider ( or bee)

the heck with the pastel the heck with the spider get a pastel spider(bee)male and buy a cheep normal adult female. in in less than a year you can have pastels and spiders.

Thanks
    for the money I would do bee also. even if you choose to do other projects later down the road you'll always have those genes to play with and you could make some amazing combos out there.
    DC Reptiles.com coming soon....

Thanks

Take your time and find something that's pleased to your eyes. It's your call.

Registered User LOSTCOAST_BALLZ's Avatar
    Thanks
    I agree one of my first visuals was a pastel, I regret not doing more research and finding qualitys that would benefit my breeding plans down the road for example I have totally been obsessing about buying one of those grazziani line pastels for sale on this forum. they are in my opnnion a very clean example of pastels and well priced. to use myself as an example i got a decent price and a pastel female i do like just not the best representation of the morph. I dont know if this makes sense but I agree with ace_singapore there are so many morphs out there like the ones u talk about just be patient and look at tons of pictures like constrictorsunlimited has a great example of morphs section where they describe each morph and charecteristics im sure there are better or equal examples out there.

I to am on the hunt for a bee that I like LOL SO MANY TO CHOOSE FROM LOL good luck

Thanks
    to the OP

i've been reading and commenting on your posts.
    and to be honest.
    i dont think your gonna be happy with any other morph than a bee as your first choice.

there are superb bee's out there and the offspring would most likeley
    come out to be the result of selectively chooseing the cleanest bee for you,
    and the female or male you decide to breed the bee to.

honestly, go for the bee. ill be at the expo and i'd be more than happy to help you pick one out.
    0.1 Normal (Sookie)
    1.0 Pastel (Syler)
    0.1 BumbleBee (Scully)
    1.0 Butter (Gimme)
    0.1 Mojave (Saffy)
    1.0 Albino (Leopold)
    1.0 Pinstripe (Triston)
    1.0 Basset/Beagle Mix (Bilbo)
    0.1 Basset Hound (Mimi)
    a bunch of red eared sliders
    and the oldest, male pit/mix Corky. 18yrs strong.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dclark View Post
    the heck with the pastel the heck with the spider get a pastel spider(bee)male and buy a cheep normal adult female. in in less than a year you can have pastels and spiders.
    I have a normal female already lol

Registered User LOSTCOAST_BALLZ's Avatar
    Thanks
    how old is your normal?

Thanks
    I've said this a couple times in some threads on here, but look at some of the big name breeders available pastels and look at the price, they will usual mark up the pastels that are stunning. Personally I say look at tim baileys web site and look at some of his pastels. His line is just stunning. If I ever buy something with the pastel gene in it again, it will be from him for sure. Here's a pic of my 1600 gram female.

Sent from my SCH-R880 using Tapatalk

0.1 spider 0.1 mojave 0.2 normal 1.1 het genetic stripe 1.1 lemon blast 0.1 lesser bee 0.1 pog 0.1 cinnamon 0.1 butter 1.0 pewter 1.0 enchi 1.0 axanthic 1.0 ghost 1.1 yellow belly 1.1 mojave yellow belly 1.0 pewter bee 0.1 harlequin 0.3 het axanthic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast