Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,484

2 members and 3,482 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts

I'd really like everyone to watch this. It'll make you feel.

WARNING by JLC -- This is a graphic and deeply emotional video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=Z2mf8DtWWd8
    Last edited by JLC; 12-13-2010 at 01:49 PM. Reason: added warning
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wilomn For This Useful Post:

David802 (12-24-2010),Lupe (12-16-2010),shescountry89 (12-24-2010),youbeyouibei (03-15-2011)

Thanks
    Well i can relate personally having lost numerous close friends and family members to that dangerous death liquid called Alcohol. This may contribute to the reason i don't drink at all and stay vigilant on the road at all times.

Please watch this video if you haven't already, really brings home the issues of drinking and driving. Thanks for posting!
    6.5.15 Animals
    1.2 Pomeranian's
    0.1.15 Tropical Fish
    2.2 Snakes:
    0.1 2009 100% Het Piebald
    0.1 Normal
    1.0 Green Tree Python
    1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa

4. The Following User Says Thank You to steveboos For This Useful Post:

kitedemon (12-15-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,152 Times in 2,887 Posts

Re: I'd really like everyone to watch this. It'll make you feel.

Wow Wes. That is all I can say, is Wow. This had me in tears.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by python1024 View Post
    Wow Wes. That is all I can say, is Wow. This had me in tears.
    Saw it over on Fauna and it had me tearing up. I figure anything that does that must have something to it.

Kudos to those who made it.
    www.humanewatch.org

Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,053 Posts
    Keep the booze and drugs away from the steering wheel guys and gals.

A taxi shared between friends can be super affordable, compared to court/medical/life costs.

Over 35,000 USA motorists died in 2008. Cars are dangerous. Stay safe this holiday.

BTW, who is 'TAC'?
    Last edited by mainbutter; 12-13-2010 at 01:28 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

I thought about moving this to QT. I thought about deleting it altogether. Because this sort of emotional punch if the face isn't what BP.net is here for.

But...if that "punch in the face" reminds just one person here who sees it to call a friend or get a taxi or just to not drink....it's worth it.

This is NOT a precedent. I do not wish our site flooded with every emotional appeal for humans to behave better, and will not tolerate it. We all know the world is full of injustice and horrible people doing horrible things. Sharing such things here won't change that...it just ruins the peaceful nature of this place for everyone else.

But in this case...I DO think this one just might make a difference....might save a life. And maybe we all need that very heavy reminder to simply not drive while exhausted, or angry, or with a car full of out-of-control teenagers. And most assuredly, we should all remember to leave the keys behind when drinking or anything else that impairs our judgment and actions.

I did add a warning to the original post. Anyone in a particularly delicate frame of mind may really need that warning. I wish I'd had it before I opened the vid. But if anything, that warning will probably draw even more people to open it out of sheer curiosity.
    -- Judy

9. The Following User Says Thank You to JLC For This Useful Post:

David802 (12-24-2010)

Thanks
    Sorry about that Judy. It never even crossed my mind that this would not be something appropriate here. I mean, I know it is, but I see your point too.

This one just hit me. We don't think about the ones left behind when we're drinking, we're just happy and invincible. We don't think of the damage we can do to people who were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. We don't think when we drink. Other drugs too, but alcohol, in my opinion of far and away the most abused drug in America, quite likely the world.

I didn't know what forum to put it in, but thank you for letting it stay. If one Mom doesn't have to bury a son, if one Dad doesn't have to raise his kids without Mom, if one Granny makes it to the kids house because someone saw this, well, we'll never know but it's still important, good, that you left it.

There is no danger of this type of posting becoming a habit with me, and again, thank you all for your indulgence this time.
    www.humanewatch.org

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wilomn For This Useful Post:

kitedemon (12-15-2010),youbeyouibei (03-15-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Wow. Thank you for sharing this Wes. I too cried......

Thanks
    Thanked 1,795 Times in 1,391 Posts
    When I was 19 one of my best friends was out on his motorcycle and was hit head on by a tractor trailer. The mac truck was totalled, the driver broke both his legs, and was drunk. I have not had any alcohol since I was 19. I wish Canada would show ads like they do in Australia. I agree it doesn't belong on a reptile forum, but on prime time TV.

Maybe I'd have one more friend now.

Thanks

I don't know about the rest of the states or even what other countries do, but in Utah that’s a video you are required to watch as part of the DUI course that every drunk driver is given.

You are also required to go to a class called MADD (Mothers against drunk driving) you sit and listen to people who talk about having lost loved ones due to drunk driving.

As somebody with a DUI, I can say it hits home every time to see that video. I got lucky and was ticketed because I was asleep in my car when I got mine, but I'd driven drunk a thousand times and never thought anything of it.

It’s my personal opinion that suspending someone’s license does absolutely nothing but inconvenience them when they get a DUI. I'm only 20 and I won’t have my license for 4 more months (Lost it last October). People who get DUI's should have to spend more time working and talking with these people that have lost loved ones.

Losing my license has been frustrating at best, but having to take those classes was the absolute worst. (And that includes the 3000 dollar fine). It was months before I felt like a decent person again and for me that feeling is enough to quit drinking for ever.

IDK how many people have DUI's on this forum but I applaud JLC and the OP for both posting it and allowing it to stay up.