Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,412

2 members and 3,410 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Reptiles EVERYWHERE! Foschi Exotic Serpents's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,292 Posts

Proof that normals can look different.

I see so many threads of people thinking their normal BP is something more.. Oh it has blushing and flames? Then it MUST be something different!

We have had threads here proving that some recessive hets do tend to show certain characteristics in color and pattern and I find this fascinating. Like how many het clowns have connecting head stripes. Especially pastel het clowns. Or how het ghosts seem lighter. Or the pied markers.. But truth be told, unless you know the genetic background of your snakes, it's a normal until proven otherwise.

Here is a very nice example of a little female possible het caramel glow I produced this year. Her parents were proven by Jamie Glass so I'm certain of her genetics. She is just a normal which is also possible double het, but her color is so bright that I wanted to show her off

This is a low quality phone pic as well.

In this pic she is the one in the upper right.. From left to right they are.. Possible het pied, Russo het, possible het caramel glow. Isnt it cool how she is almost as colorful as the Russo?

Thanks

Re: Proof that normals can look different.

Normal or het. she's a stunning little girl!!!!!
    Boys: Pied, enchi het. hypo, cinnamon
    Girls: Mojave, black pewter het. hypo
    Others: SSP, (2)Jungles, (2)gtp, bredli, 88% IJ Jag, SD Anery Retic, hoggie, Boelens, Coastal, SD sunfire retic
    Others with legs: Panther cham, monitor, big giant blonde drunk frat boy of a golden retriever
    On the way: Iran Jaya, Butter het. hypo, spider 50% het clown, (3) possible het clowns, (maybe) blue line chondro