Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,197

3 members and 3,194 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,543
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

There once was a place called BP.net......

I thought this would help get people back into what we do around here....
    We enjoy the responsabilty in keeping reptiles... Some of share pics and some share stories... I like most read just about every post on here ... I dont share as much as I would like but have learned a ton here over the last few years... I have over the last few days found that more people like fighting over a handfull of post..than helping others right here at home. I think you can all agree its time to get back to sharing in the fun of reptiles. There are still people out there that need your help and advice here....

On a better note!!!
    So its about that time for breeding... I am happy to say I have had some locks of interests...

black pastel het pied locked with 2 pieds and 3 hets so far....
    and have had some pied clown locks....

Thanks for taking a break and smelling the snake poo....
    Jacob Pfaller

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jacob Pfaller For This Useful Post:

sarahlovesmiike (12-03-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: There once was a place called BP.net......

I find helping others to be a welcomed relief from the drama-threads. So I wouldn't say all of us are ignoring one for the other. In the grand scheme of things around here, the drama is but a tiny fraction, and the threads easily identified and avoided by those who don't care to read it. Of course...natural human curiosity and other quirks of our nature often compel us to open threads even when we know we shouldn't....so it can SEEM like they are taking over, because we can't stop clicking on them even when we don't want to.

Good luck with your locks!! I look forward to clutch pictures and pipping pictures from you!
    -- Judy

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JLC For This Useful Post:

Jacob Pfaller (12-03-2010)

Thanks

In the short time I've been using this site, everybody has been amazing! I've learned a lot and I've taken the time to educate my less informed friends and family as well. Some of them haven't changed their minds about snakes, others are sort of fascinated by my BP . Everybody I've interacted with here has been great!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quacking-Terror For This Useful Post:

BPelizabeth (12-04-2010),Jacob Pfaller (12-03-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JLC View Post
    I find helping others to be a welcomed relief from the drama-threads. So I wouldn't say all of us are ignoring one for the other. In the grand scheme of things around here, the drama is but a tiny fraction, and the threads easily identified and avoided by those who don't care to read it. Of course...natural human curiosity and other quirks of our nature often compel us to open threads even when we know we shouldn't....so it can SEEM like they are taking over, because we can't stop clicking on them even when we don't want to.

Good luck with your locks!! I look forward to clutch pictures and pipping pictures from you!
    I will get some pics soon on the next lock if I am lucky... Thanks for the reply....

Thanks

Thankyou Jacob. I am new to breeding ball pythons. I asked a question in here because I was worried about my female. 13 or 14 people viewed my post without responding. I eventually had to respond to my own post asking again for opinions. Finally started to get some responses. Thankyou again for starting this thread. There are hobbiests out here that want to take the best care possible for their snakes. I would like to think that this site is the most helpful on the web. I'm sure that it is and will continue to be so. I have not really answered anbodies questions yet as I feel that I am not qualified. I still have a ton of questions, I just haven't thought of them or come across the situations that would require answers. But, I know the day will come when they need to be asked.
    4.11.3 Normals, 1.1 Fire, 0.1 spider, 0.3 Pastel, 1.0 Super Cinny, 0.1 Cinny, 1.1 pinstripe, 1.1 Mojave, 1.0 Firefly, 1.3 Yellowbellies, 1.2 Het. Pied, 1.0 Pied, 1.0 Mystic, 0.1 Pinstripe het. Albinoo, 0.1 Lesser het. Albino, 1.1 Enchi, 1.0 Calico Pastel, 0.1 Calico, 0.1 Sable, 0.1 Vanilla, 1.1 VPI Axanthic, 0.1 het. VPI Axanthic, 0.1 het. Clown, 1.0 Bumblebee, 0.1 Orange Ghost, 1.0 Champaign, 1.0 Albino, 0.1 het. Albino, 1.1 Black Pastel, 1.1 Dumerils, 1.1 BCI, 1.0 ATB, 1.0 Childrens Python, 3.2.1 Bearded Dragons, 0.0.1 Timor Monitor

Welcome to the zoo.

Thanks

Cool Re: There once was a place called BP.net......

I love it here. I come across helpful people that don't mind answering questions. This is one thing in my life that i can look at all day and don't get tired of it. Every time I learn something new about Ball Pythons. The better I feel. Hopefully i gain alot of knowledge so I can help someone else.

GLAD I FOUND BP.NET

0.1 Pastel (LemonDrop)
    1.0 Mojave (Mojo)
    1.1 Normals (Otis, Queen)
    1.0 Pinstripe (Pins)

http://www.youtube.com/user/ILUVREPTILES1?feature=mhum

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BEasy119 For This Useful Post:

Quacking-Terror (12-03-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Reesy View Post
    Thankyou Jacob. I am new to breeding ball pythons. I asked a question in here because I was worried about my female. 13 or 14 people viewed my post without responding. I eventually had to respond to my own post asking again for opinions. Finally started to get some responses.
    Just wanted to throw out a couple things to consider:

One...every time you click on your own thread, it will increase the view count...so it may look like it's had more people reading it than it really has.

Two...the first handful of people that read it may not have had an answer for you, and therefore did not respond. Or maybe someone had an answer, but no time to get into it right then.

If a thread goes unanswered for a few hours and gets buried under a bunch of new threads, it's ok to respond to it yourself to bring it back to the top like Reesy did. Sometimes a thread just gets missed, though it's actually pretty rare for a thread to go without any answers at all..especially in the ball python sections.
    -- Judy

Thanks

The drama threads will die soon, it happens from time to time as we all know.

Anyway I love this site, it has been insrumental in convincing my parents to let me own a snake and it will be even more useful once I get a bp of my own this coming summer.

To all the staff and helpful members, I thank you.
    Last edited by bamagecko76; 12-03-2010 at 11:12 PM.
    1.0 Hypo Hog island boa
    0.0.1 Brooksi x. Goini king.
    1.0 Reduced pattern Kenyan sand boa.
    0.1 Super snow leopard gecko.

12 assorted tarantulas

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Pfaller View Post
    I thought this would help get people back into what we do around here....
    We enjoy the responsabilty in keeping reptiles... Some of share pics and some share stories... I like most read just about every post on here ... I dont share as much as I would like but have learned a ton here over the last few years... I have over the last few days found that more people like fighting over a handfull of post..than helping others right here at home. I think you can all agree its time to get back to sharing in the fun of reptiles. There are still people out there that need your help and advice here....

On a better note!!!
    So its about that time for breeding... I am happy to say I have had some locks of interests...

black pastel het pied locked with 2 pieds and 3 hets so far....
    and have had some pied clown locks....

Thanks for taking a break and smelling the snake poo....
    Jacob Pfaller
    If you search some peoples posts, you might find that they give a lot more help than you think they do. You may also find that they're one of the most knowledgeable people to give that advice. Unfortunately, the way some deliver it may drive people nuts. However, some change their delivery if it's serious enough.

BG is really sorry Jacob, but there is a now a 90% chance that your thread will be HIJACKED.
    Last edited by Big Gunns; 12-04-2010 at 12:13 AM.

Banned
    Thanks

BG will say one more thing. If you want help from "some people" please make your post short and to the point. "Some people" are really lazy and will gloss over a long post to go straight to the short ones where they don't have to strain their eyes because there's no paragraphs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast