Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,274

1 members and 3,273 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    im waiting for the origional poster to still fill in some missing info on this.

shipyourreptiles.com and reptilesexpress.com both "had" permission to sell 3rd party labels and to ship snakes,lizards frogs turtles..ect,ect,ect

syr sent a notice to all its registered members stating that they were no longer shipping snakes due to some irresponsible people. now they are claiming that their shipping label matrix is down and they are working with ups to fix the issue. both syr and reptiles express are supposedly in negotiations with ups to allow the shipping of snakes again.
    i imho can see syr getting permission back but i have a feeling that RE never really had permission or something along those lines. i just always had a feeling about them and preffered to use shipyourreptiles.com instead.
    adam jeffery

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,689 Times in 1,200 Posts

Re: !!WARNING!! don't ship UPS

Quote Originally Posted by adamjeffery View Post
    im waiting for the origional poster to still fill in some missing info on this.

shipyourreptiles.com and reptilesexpress.com both "had" permission to sell 3rd party labels and to ship snakes,lizards frogs turtles..ect,ect,ect

syr sent a notice to all its registered members stating that they were no longer shipping snakes due to some irresponsible people. now they are claiming that their shipping label matrix is down and they are working with ups to fix the issue. both syr and reptiles express are supposedly in negotiations with ups to allow the shipping of snakes again.
    i imho can see syr getting permission back but i have a feeling that RE never really had permission or something along those lines. i just always had a feeling about them and preffered to use shipyourreptiles.com instead.
    adam jeffery
    SYR was never approved to ship snakes as no waiver was brought forth stating so. RE did get a waiver that stated Reptile shipping but not snakes.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,689 Times in 1,200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by L2.BP.Plox View Post
    Very odd considering I have had two ball pythons shipped to me via UPS from Mike Willbanks (Constrictors Unlimited). They were shipped to me in July.
    Back in the Day UPS allowed snake shipping. And Willbanks, Clark,RDR all have waivers and or grandfathered in to still ship snakes.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RichsBallPythons For This Useful Post:

adamjeffery (11-29-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RichsBallPythons View Post
    Back in the Day UPS allowed snake shipping. And Willbanks, Clark,RDR all have waivers and or grandfathered in to still ship snakes.
    Ah, I see. Thank you.

BPnet Senior Member SquamishSerpents's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RichsBallPythons View Post
    SYR was never approved to ship snakes as no waiver was brought forth stating so. RE did get a waiver that stated Reptile shipping but not snakes.
    jeez louise, what the hay is the difference between a reptile and a snake?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts
    Ummmm, lizards, tortoises, turtles.

If you need more details there's this thing called google...
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

Thanks
    its not illegal to ship reptiles using ups. snakes are on the list of prohibited items on the "live animal" shipping list, which doesn't make sense since you can ship lizards, turtles, and fish. and when you search for reptile shipping sites, one example is http://www.reptilesexpress.com/ they use ups exclusively and will ship a snake for you. they have a ups truck right on their box! just as a side note as a ups store manager, i wouldn't use ups to ship anything let alone a reptile. drivers just dont care whats in your package. good luck cause dealing with those morons on the phone will cause more headaches than slamming your head against a brick wall.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by redtail9610 View Post
    its not illegal to ship reptiles using ups. snakes are on the list of prohibited items on the "live animal" shipping list, which doesn't make sense since you can ship lizards, turtles, and fish. and when you search for reptile shipping sites, one example is http://www.reptilesexpress.com/ they use ups exclusively and will ship a snake for you. they have a ups truck right on their box! just as a side note as a ups store manager, i wouldn't use ups to ship anything let alone a reptile. drivers just dont care whats in your package. good luck cause dealing with those morons on the phone will cause more headaches than slamming your head against a brick wall.
    This is no longer the case for either ReptilesExpress or ShipYourReptiles. UPS is quite stubborn about not shipping snakes regardless of the other reptiles they will allow. (The exception being for a few individuals who were grandfathered in sometime in the past)

I agree about not using UPS to ship any animals at all. I've heard too many horror stories. Of course there are plenty of successful stories...and any method of shipping has its risks....but it does seem like your risk for disaster increases significantly with UPS. About the only thing worse is USPS.
    -- Judy

BPnet Senior Member SquamishSerpents's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wilomn View Post
    Ummmm, lizards, tortoises, turtles.

If you need more details there's this thing called google...
    i didn't ask "what is a reptile?"

i meant why on earth do they say they will ship reptiles, if they won't ship snakes? a snake is a reptile.

that's like saying, we accept children at this daycare, but not 9 year olds.

they should have a clear, concise list of what they DON'T ship. from my short browse over their website, i pretty much got that i CAN, in fact, ship snakes. or crocodiles, even. snakes and crocodiles are reptiles, and it says they ship reptiles.

somebody really needs to make some changes to that site.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234