Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,381

4 members and 3,377 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned
    Thanks

Re: !!WARNING!! don't ship UPS

When you buy a snake on line from a reputable breeder they will usually guarantee live arrival. It doesn't look like that happened here. Get a refund from the seller not UPS. Like someone said...you may have been scammed.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,689 Times in 1,200 Posts
    I as a seller was scammed before on an order.

I shipped a box with corn snakes that arrived and buyer filed a claim with paypal saying box never arrived. Even though i talked to him about the snakes he got and was happy. Well paypal in despite of seeing the Delivered tracking, still gave him his money and got the snakes.

If you used a CC with paypal you should get your money back.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RichsBallPythons View Post
    I as a seller was scammed before on an order.

I shipped a box with corn snakes that arrived and buyer filed a claim with paypal saying box never arrived. Even though i talked to him about the snakes he got and was happy. Well paypal in despite of seeing the Delivered tracking, still gave him his money and got the snakes.

If you used a CC with paypal you should get your money back.
    How can a seller protect against that?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ted1025 View Post
    The buyer and seller are both protected by PayPal. The buyer opens a dispute, PayPal gets in contact with both parties, and determines what should happen. Although they can make mistakes, normally they are able to figure out what happened and decide what should happen to fix the issue.
    Eddie Strong, Jr.

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Require a direct signature at delivery. I require a signature so that I have proof that the animal did arrive and at what time.. it keeps people from getting the snake and leaving it in their car at work thus killing it and claiming the animal arrived this way.. If you sign for the snake at 8:30 am and call me at 8 PM saying the animal is dead we have a huge problem..

Require a direct signature from the addressee, and you'll cut down on the chance at being scammed..
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

Thanks

by not using paypal

paypal caters to scammers, i will NEVER accept payment through paypal, ever. ive been scammed on there before as well. they do absolutley nothing to help you, and arent interested in what really happened. all the other person has to do is say, i didnt authorize that payment. they get their money back and it gets taken out of your account, no questions asked.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BAMReptiles View Post
    by not using paypal

paypal caters to scammers, i will NEVER accept payment through paypal, ever. ive been scammed on there before as well. they do absolutley nothing to help you, and arent interested in what really happened. all the other person has to do is say, i didnt authorize that payment. they get their money back and it gets taken out of your account, no questions asked.
    Agree 100%, paypal is horrible, anything that allows you to pay receive a item then take your money back on the spot is ridiculous to me. I have had this happen to me. Paypal is the easiest way by far to pay, but its also the best way to get yourself ripped off.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BbyBoa For This Useful Post:

BAMReptiles (11-30-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,914 Times in 1,149 Posts
    I stand corrected.

It is USPS that is illegal, UPS is just against policy. Sorry for the confusion. I still think this person was scammed. It is a shame, but it is also partly their fault. If I'm going to send more than about $25 to someone I don't know, to receive a live animal in return, you can darn well be sure I am going to be asking a LOT of questions to make sure I'm not going to get into trouble.

I still remember purchasing an airline approved box to ship some pet birds. For whatever reason, the people I ordered it from sent it to me assembled! Needless to say, I received a phone call at 3am from an irate USPS worker demanding to know why I was breaking the law by sending live birds through the mail. I tried desperately to explain I had no idea what she was talking about, I assured her I wasn't expecting a shipment of birds. I still had to get out of bed, get dressed and drive to the post office. When presented with the box, I opened it and showed them there were no birds inside and never had been. They still insisted I was a liar and filed a complaint against me. It took me almost a month to get that mess straightened out. And that was over an empty box.

No way would I send a couple hundred dollars to someone I don't know without making sure this person knows exactly what they are doing. I do feel sympathy for the buyer, after all they paid for something they did not receive. But I'd be a LOT more suspicious of the seller, not UPS.

Gale

Gale
    1.0 Low-white Pied - Yakul | 1.0 Granite het Pied - Nago
    1.0 Mojave - Okoto | 1.0 Vanilla - Kodama
    1.0 Pastel - Koroku | 1.0 Fire - Osa
    0.1 het Pied - Toki | 0.1 het Pied - Mauro
    0.1 Mojave - Kina | 0.1 Blushback Cinnamon - Kuri
    0.1 Fire - Mori | 0.1 Reduced Pinstripe - Sumi
    0.1 Pastel - Yuki | 0.1 Dinker Normal - Akashi
    0.1 Ghana Giant Normal - Tatari | 0.1 Dinker Normal - Kaiya

Thanks
    If shipping reptiles is against UPS policy, why does http://www.shipyourreptiles.com/ have a UPS tracking entry field on their main page? Are snakes specifically forbidden, but lizards & other reptiles allowed?
    Mountain bikes are for slow people, and reptiles are far better pets than cats & dogs!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,689 Times in 1,200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    If shipping reptiles is against UPS policy, why does http://www.shipyourreptiles.com/ have a UPS tracking entry field on their main page? Are snakes specifically forbidden, but lizards & other reptiles allowed?
    SYR was a reptile shipping company for shipping lizards and what not. They were not allowed to ship snakes.

This is why many third party sites are working hard to allow snake shipping via their waivers.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast