Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,186

0 members and 3,186 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    BPnet Veteran majorleaguereptiles's Avatar
    Thanks

Enchi ball opinions

I just purchased this male, was curious on how you guys thinks he looks. I have a couple high end female morphs I might have him breed to, but I wanted to make sure he is a worthy enchi.
    Last edited by majorleaguereptiles; 11-21-2010 at 02:15 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Enchi ball opinions

I hate these kinds of posts, only because I feel like if I offer my constructive feedback, it may hurt someone's feelings.

So, I'll give you my OPINION on enchi's. For ME - a good looking enchi is completely reduced pattern and vibrant in color. I'll post an example after typing this reply, so that you can see what I'm talking about.

Now, his colors aren't bad, and his offspring can certainly be improved by pairing him to your lightest females. I'd also recommend choosing reduced pattern females as much as possible as well.

Granted - this enchi is one of the best I've ever seen. She was mine (but was stolen from the breeder before I got her - long story). She is my ideal enchi and the standard that I hold enchi's to that I like.

She's also the snake featured in my logo.

Thanks
    I do think he's worthy, I just think you need to be picky about the female you pair him with. A nice light and reduced pattern one would throw some nice offspring

I also think that you should breed for what YOU like. If you like dark, busy enchis then breed for that. Granted that it's not what most people like in their enchi, I don't feel that's what matters.
    1.1 Classic Ball Pythons - Louise and Zeus
    1.0 Poss. Granite - D*ck
    1.0 Cane Corso - Benedetto
    1.0 ACD/GSD Mix - Dino
    1.0 Fat Cat - Jose

"It only happens if it doesn't matter."

Thanks

That's exactly what I like to hear Robin. No need to hurt my feelings haha. I love people's opinion on balls, because when it comes down to it, how others view them is what people will pay for them. I'll keep my eyes peeled for an enchi like the one you have there. As for the one I got, he will still be a nice addition. Anyone else feel free to comment. I ask because the high end female morphs include a citrus calico and some recessive projects I wanted to include him in, I want to make sure I'm happy with his offspring before I start going for lesser enchi caramel albinos and lesser enchi axanthics. If the enchi in there isn't quality, than I should get another? Thanks.
    Last edited by majorleaguereptiles; 11-21-2010 at 03:20 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Well, I'm probably one of the most notoriously picky buyers that there are, so I may be the exception, rather than the rule as far as your customer base.

For example, it was a full year before I found both my perfect lesser and my perfect cinnamon once I decided to add both to my collection.

I would suggest you at least see what his offspring look like, but also be open to keeping your eyes open to pick up another male if you see one that you think looks better than him.

Thanks

First off I have to say that the Enchi posted by Robin is an absolutely gorgeous example of the morph. I agree 100% that if you can hold out to find one that demonstrates that look...I would. With that said, I have not seen many offered that fit the description of the comparison animal. Enchi's are highly variable in appearance. I feel I am qualified to make that statement as I bred my male Enchi to 12 normal females this past season. All the normal females were different in appearance. Some were extremely reduced and banded. The results varied drastically. Even from the reduced and banded females. I am posting a picture of a sibling female to the male this post is about. She is a hold back and demonstrates some nice qualities. This will show how variable they can be even as siblings.

Thanks

The female holdback Dino produced at white diamond reptiles shows obviously he has a lot of potential. I purchased him after viewing a lot of the siblings that were produced as well. The all looked reduced with nice color. I really looked around and I haven't seen really any produced like Robin has showed. I'm excited to receive him on Tuesday Dino. Thanks.

Thanks

those b some nice enchi's

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dean38 View Post
    First off I have to say that the Enchi posted by Robin is an absolutely gorgeous example of the morph. I agree 100% that if you can hold out to find one that demonstrates that look...I would. With that said, I have not seen many offered that fit the description of the comparison animal. Enchi's are highly variable in appearance. I feel I am qualified to make that statement as I bred my male Enchi to 12 normal females this past season. All the normal females were different in appearance. Some were extremely reduced and banded. The results varied drastically. Even from the reduced and banded females. I am posting a picture of a sibling female to the male this post is about. She is a hold back and demonstrates some nice qualities. This will show how variable they can be even as siblings.

I would have held her back as well - she's beautiful!

Thanks

he is a verry nice looking enchi,But i like more the reduced enchi's like my one .couple enchi's

1.0 enchi
    0.1 enchi

0.1 lesser platium
    0.1 super cinny
    1.0 cinnamon

0.1 pastel YB
    1.0 pastel YB

0.1 wildkleur