Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,348

1 members and 3,347 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: PayPal fees

Thanks

Re: PayPal fees

Quote Originally Posted by Freakie_frog View Post
    No I mean I get the Paypal thing I don't agree with passing that on to the customer its like trying to pass my banking fee's on to my customers..

But paying for shipping and handling isn't something new.
    I have my customers pay for shipping, but I pay for the box and supplies. I think its good customer service. To the best of my knowledge, I have never paid a box fee from a reptile shipping, and have never charged one. I also normally pay for shipping over $50, depending on the cost of the snake, because to me it is good customer service. I understand why others do not do this, but I always appreciate sellers who do. I am more likely buy buy again from seller who have good incentives like the above.
    Eddie Strong, Jr.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Freakie_frog View Post
    No I mean I get the Paypal thing I don't agree with passing that on to the customer its like trying to pass my banking fee's on to my customers..

But paying for shipping and handling isn't something new.
    I have yet to pay an actual handling fee and I've been buying things online for the last 10 years and heavily for the last 6. I'm charged a flat shipping fee, or actual shipping.

I don't generally buy from sellers that charge me a "box" fee either. And when I sell, I don't charge it to my customers. Its built into my business as well. When I make sales I spread money around to other parts of the "business" so I have supplies, or just take them out of my profit. Its a perk for using me. Get a good quality product and don't be nicked and dimed to death on other things.

Thanks

Not sure if this view has been expressed because I did not read the entire thread, butttt......

In my opinion selling reptiles online is similar to giving someone an estimate on a paint job for their home...

Let me break it down for you. When a contractor visits your home to give an estimate, a good contractor that runs a business rather than owning a job will give a final price based on labor, materials, insurance costs, gasoline and other miscellaneous expenses. To just give a figure without factoring in all expenses will hurt you in the end.

When selling a snake you post on your website "X python - $300 shipping included". Is this just a figure because you think this is the market value? Or did you add in everything involved in the process of getting this snake to your customers door?

You have to include the cost of materials for shipping, the shipping cost and all other fees into your final price. While I think it is unethical and more than likely against paypal policy to charge someone a fee for using your paypal ( I don't know because I am not a paypal customer ), a smart business person will have all expenses included in the final price for your customers.

Not that business owners here didn't already know that, but just my 2 cents.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456