Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,287

1 members and 3,286 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
    Thanks

Northern Berks Show-- Reading, PA

Went to the Northern Berks show today. I was actually excited to go... I have not been in the mood to go to herp shows since the Daytona Expo. I'm glad to say I really enjoyed this show, even in spite of the fact that there were too many inappropriate animals for sale on the cheap-- $65 American alligator babies, $30 Savannah monitors, and a $70 reticulated python yearling...

We went with the goal of getting a moon crab and a couple of Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches, and were successful on both counts.

Here is Sandy (Claws) the Halloween moon crab. He's been set up in a 10 gallon with part land and part freshwater. I'm hoping to move him to a 20 gallon soon.

Here are the Hissers. We have not named them, yet, but they are a confirmed pair, so we should soon have more of the little guys. This brings our roach collection to two species-- these guys and the dubia's. These guys will primarily be pets, unlike the dubias who are primarily feeders.

Lastly, we found two really healthy looking White's Tree Frogs. We've tried White's once before from a vendor at Havre de Grace, and ended up loosing him. These guys seem very healthy and are quite sizeable, so hopefully they are feeding well enough to survive. We've named the Gollum and Smeagol. Smeagol is very light in color, while Gollum is a little darker. Not sure if that will change. We have them set up temporarily in an extra large critter keeper. We're going to purchase an upright ExoTerra viv for them next week.

Here they are-- Gollum:

And Smeagol:

Last edited by Hypancistrus; 11-20-2010 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Fixing photos!
    Malcolm, '12 normal | Alice, '14 Pied | Sebastían, '15 Mojave | Damián, '16 Albino

View My iHerp Page